• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this part called?

musikman43155

NAXJA Forum User
I understand that this is a vacuum/breather line, but what is the rubber connector boot etc. called specifically?
Cherokee_40-1.jpg

The rubber "boot part" came apart & I need a new one. I would like to know what to ask the dealer for so I don't sound like a moron.

Thanks!

Commonly called the PCV or CCV, depending on who is listing the part. The rear has a "metered orifice", (small hole). Dorman pn 47057 at the parts stores. Grommet is Dorman pn 42344. OE numbers are 53030495 and 2946079, respectively. Same grommet for the forward piece, which is basically just an elbow. This is from a 97, not sure how many years use the same elbows.

Autozone, Advance, NAPA, RockAuto, etc, all carry these.

BTW, what is that engine out of? Its too clean and pretty to be out of a Jeep.

As hubs97xj said, the correct terminology for the Jeep 4.0 is CCV, but counter monkeys may insist on calling it a PCV system. Difference is a metered orifice in the CCV, and the PCV system has a valve.

Good luck.

Back