• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has my cylinder head been replaced ?

Boneless-Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
2001 4.0L from an xj 0331 147K

Got a quick question for those of you who may have noticed the same thing I have,I had my rocker cover off today finishing up all my new seals in gaskets (im in the middle of an engine swap) ,and I noticed when putting all my push rods back in that there is a stamping or cast under/by/near piston #6's rocker arms that says WJ.So I wondered to my self if each 4.0 from that era depending on application (xj/tj/wj/) had a different stamp there for each model . so ive done some searching (by that I mean just mostly skimmed) and ive seen a few guys WJ's having this stamp on their heads but not a single pic from an xj and if they are indeed different then I guess my head was replaced before I got my motor ! anyone else noticed this to ? is the stamp different per model? and if I'm a total newb about it then flame on . :yelclap:

Back