• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which throttle body for my 4.7 stroker?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have about 2,000 miles on the new atk 4.7 stroker now. I have a 97, so far, I have added 2.25 exhaust with an APN header, LT1 injectors, 3 row radiator. I know the choke point is the little tb. I have put it off cause I have a k&n with it ducted to the windshield cowl. Anyway, what's the best/most affordable way to go? Its my dd, not a corvette. I assume I will need a new air filter and intake tube? My concern is water intake offroad with a cone filter.

Thanks for all your input!

The bored TB won't change any of the intake stuff, use what you already have.

I fitted the TB from the 4.7 V8 on my stroker that I had in the 97. The TPS is a direct fit and the IAC will go if you use the plunger from the V8 TB. An adapter is needed as the V8 TB is a three bolt mount. I made mine out of 1/2 inch aluminium. Thought I had pictures of it, will keep looking for them. I posted this mod on JU about three years ago...

I've got a bored renix throttle body on my current stroker, and the new one will have the same Jeepers and Creepers tb that Jes used.

Has anyone used the BBK 62mm TB? The JeepersCreepers and BBK are only a little more than some outfits want for bored out stock TBs, and practically half the price of the Painless/Perfect/F&B TBs. I don't recall ever seeing the BBK mentioned- curious if there was a reason no one ran them.

I bored my throttle body out to 64mm and I found that if you don't match port the hole in the intake manifold it messes up the airflow and causes a dead spot at low RPM. Since I match ported it it works great. BTW non stroker HO

Back