• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior lights, gauges, radio don't work

98xjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I put a new hood on and instead of keeping the under hood light i just cut it off. When i did, my gauges, interior lights, and radio stopped working. I checked both fuse panels and all the fuses are fine. all i can think of is that a wire burned before a fuse blew from shorting out when i cut the hoodlight wires. what else could it be? Its on a 98'

Last edited:
There is a fuse in the PDC (under hood fuse box) that will cause the gauges, radio and interior lights to go off when it blows. I take it the OP found this blown fuse.

There is a fuse in the PDC (under hood fuse box) that will cause the gauges, radio and interior lights to go off when it blows. I take it the OP found this blown fuse.

Yeah the weird thing is i used a volt meter set on testing mode to check for a complete circuit on all the fuses and all were ok. It wasn't until i pulled it out and looked closer that i saw it was blown. I felt like a idoit becuase it took me 4 hours tearing my jeep apart to find this out haha.

Yup same exact thing happened to me a few days ago from the underhood light also. For any future readers, the fuse that is affected is #16 fuse 15amp in the PDC which is the IOD (ignition-off draw).

its the fuse just above the "O" in "FOG 2"
pdc2.jpg

Back