• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker wire colors - at speakers (different than at receiver)

hawk_sixsix

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ

I've been searching all over, and the only speaker wire color posts I'm finding describe the colors at the receiver wiring harness. I'm seeing different colors at the speakers themselves.

Can someone post the + and - wire colors for the front doors and rear soundbar speakers?

97 XJ

I've been searching all over, and the only speaker wire color posts I'm finding describe the colors at the receiver wiring harness. I'm seeing different colors at the speakers themselves.

Can someone post the + and - wire colors for the front doors and rear soundbar speakers?

Keep looking. I found one for my 97. I tried to find it but no luck.

for my 98 sport - which IIRC has the same wiring as the 97 (when i installed my speakers i used my 97 FSM 'cause i never got a 98 version, figured most of the shit would be the same) then things should look like this.
LEFT SOUND BAR + brown / yellow
LEFT SOUND BAR - brown / light blue
RIGHT SOUND BAR + dark blue / white
RIGHT SOUND BAR - dark blue / orange
LEFT FRONT + dark green
LEFT FRONT - brown / red
RIGHT FRONT + violet
RIGHT FRONT - dark blue / red

My wires, however, matched what the wires were that came out of the receiver. Hope this helps.

Back