• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a picture of upper re DB from the inside...

fishjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. Anybody have a picture of this view? My set didn't come with directions and I'm pretty sure I understand the install but would like a visual reference. RE took their install instructions offline? I have the yucca-man page bookmarked but he didn't take pictures of that angle.

thanks in advance

Well what exactly are you wondering about? I have DB's on mine from RC and they are exactly the same exept for the longer brace down the frame. From the Yuccaman site pics it seems you can see the angle bracket coming down from the factory upper mount down to the new location of the upper arm.

That's the part I'm kinda frustrated about.The upper bracket has three holes and I don't see three bolt holes? I can see in the yucca-mann photo the original bolt hole with puck in the middle but I still only see two holes? I have the original bolt hole from the upper factory mount and the new bracket hole for the re location. What is the third(middle) hole for? Do I need a bolt in that hole? Now I'm more confused...

Okay so I think I know what your trying to figure out. The "boomerang" looking piece starts at the old upper control arm location and sandwiches the "puck" in the old location. Then it goes down to the "new" location of the upper control arm. It sandwiches the upper arm to the side of the drop bracket. Then that "boomerang" piece angles to the back of the truck and ties into the "old" location of the lower control arm. Follow? You just have to play around with the 2 pieces and see which side they go on, cause that might be a confusing factor also.

AHHH! Okay,That makes more sense(kinda),So the Smaller end is the start and fits inside with the puck in the old upper location? I was way off...I'm going out there right now to see,Thanks for the info:wave1:

I would also shoot them an email explaining your situation as I'm sure they would send you a PDF of the instructions. I've only had to use RE customer support but they have always been very helpfull even when I didn't buy the product directly from them.

Good luck

Back