• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power locks

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
sometimes my power door locks just make a clicking sound, but dont lock the doors. sounds like it comes from the fuse box. if i let it set for 5-10 min the power locks work. wtf is up?

in case you need to know it a 97 power w/ windows also

I actualy have the same problem. My in-door switches always work, but my remote key fob dosnt want to open the doors all the time, it will just make a quiet click sound. But if I try it 10 minutes later it might work.

Ive also had my rear two doors not want to open, with the in-door switches or the key fob. And they would make the sound of the motor moving and stuff but it would just not open. That turned out to be bad automatic door lock assemblys.

My '98 has been doing this for some time. Randomly, the keyless remote doesn't seem to function (just that click of a relay over on the right side when you attempt to opperate the electronic door lock)and the driverside door lock will not functioneither. Now, it seems like the remote may have been "dead", so I replaced the batteries with no positive results. No click now...could the reciever have failed now? I wonder where that is hidden?
If this is a passenger side door lock mechanism problem, then how to fix? What do I need to do and what to look for/replace?
Thanks!
Karl...

Back