• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans filter question?

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I am working on putting together a remote transmission filter that goes inline (sort of like a fuel filter) and I have been using a Yale Industrial Truck catalog to find the filter, I have found one that is normally an inline Hydraulic Filter and it has a bung for a temp sensor that is used on this Ind. Truck to keep an eye on the Hyd. Fluid temp.... Using a BWD catalog and some research I have found a temp sensor with the dimensions to fit the filter...... I have used 5/16 double-wall Goodyear reinforced injection hose and fuel injection clamps.... also pieced together a splice/hose barb setup to use it inline on stock setups or in addition to an aftermarket cooler (This will allow me to change the remote filter for the tranny whenever I please and still keep the temp sensor to re-install in my new filter) This setup has been relatively cheap to put together and I think that I may be on to something pretty cool but............ my question is about the guage..... What Temp range should a tranny guage cover? I assum 60 degrees is a good starting point and max out at 240?? Thanks

I run the Autometer gage that goes from 100 to something like 280. Works perfect for me. Freeway is around 100F, city is around 125-150F, Trail is around 150-200F depending on terrain.

cool.....thanks.........the Yale Vendor will only sell the filters in a box of 12... so I guess I'll have alot of filters laying around.... I guess if it works great I could make up a few for extras and pass out a few for others to try....... I just don't see buying a pre-made setup when I can piece this together pretty cheap.... Thanks again...

The trans temps they are referring to in the article is the temp in the pan. Temps taken at the cooler or outside the trans are not the same.

Back