• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana carrie breaks point

Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I have a 92 xj with 3.07 front and rear with 5 sp and 4.0L a friend has some 3.55 out of an auto will these fit mine with out changing the carrier.Have searched but kind of yes and no if they will work. just wanted to get a little more power out of it .dont 4 wheel it just around town and light hwy.

The D30 in the front will be ok, the carrier break is 3.73 and up.

What have you got in the rear? Chryco 8.25 is fine, no change in the carrier; D35 carrier break is 3.55 and up, so you would need a new carrier, about $60 new.

you should do some research on setting up new gears and the cost associated. there is a lot that goes into re-gearing besides just swapping carriers. used gears are notoriously hard to set up correctly without noise. you will need specialized tools and some good mechanical sense if you are going to go about this on your own.

If he has the entire axle, it's faster and simpler to swap the whole axles. Last time I swapped the front axle on mine took me about 1.5 hours from start to finish. The rear shouldn't take much longer, but it does require unbolting the brake lines and re-bleeding.

Back