• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing the TCM or PCM

TCM is above the gas pedal and a little to the right. PCM is underhood, inboard of the driver's side fender with three large connectors- black, gray, white.

Is this it ?
It looks like it got some water to it.
The inside looks fine, but I think I should replace it, seeing how my Tranny is not shifting right.
Where would I get one ?
Is there a way to test it ?

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Last edited:
Junkyard, craigslist, forums. Only way I would see testing it would be to swap it in another XJ or with a scanner.

"Transmission not shifting right"?

More descriptive?

From your other thread, you said this started happening right after you washed the engine off. I'd bet on you getting water into the TPS as this is a common issue and affects the TCU's view of the world. Try replacing the TPS first, it is far cheaper and much more likely to be your culprit. Also follow the instructions from the other thread and use some contact cleaner and dielectric grease to clean out the connectors, ESPECIALLY the TPS connector.

From your other thread, you said this started happening right after you washed the engine off. I'd bet on you getting water into the TPS as this is a common issue and affects the TCU's view of the world. Try replacing the TPS first, it is far cheaper and much more likely to be your culprit. Also follow the instructions from the other thread and use some contact cleaner and dielectric grease to clean out the connectors, ESPECIALLY the TPS connector.

Already replaced the TPS and did the NSS fix as well.

Back