• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard parts request

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a hard time finding a part I need, this is pretty much the last piece before my Jeep can get registered again(salvage...). I've looked online and anywhere local around me. It is a piece of the headlight wiring harness, but it cannot be purchased separate from Jeep, and I don't want to spend over $100 for one part. Unfortunatly, there is not a decent junkyard or the like around here that I know of, the only one I found is not open to the public according to the lady answering the phone. :banghead:

I'm looking for the signal bulb base that twists into the back of the amber lamp UNDER the headlight. This lamp has 2 bulbs in it, both have a twist type lock "base"(for lack of better vocabulary) that holds the bulb and the wiring harness plugs into it.

If anyone who frequents a J/U or who knows of a parts Jeep can get this part for me(just cut the wiring and get that one piece, thats it) I will pay for the cost of the part(assuming J/U price is cheap) plus shipping plus make it worth your time.

If you're local to me we can forget the shipping and I'll trade you the part for a case of YOUR FAVORITE BEER. :cheers:

just FYI but the pick-a-part in Santa Paula is open again, I'll keep you in mind next time I head that way.

go to auto zone they carry many many socket pigtails they probally have what you need!

This lamp has 2 bulbs in it...

Based on this I'm going to guess that you're rebuilding a '97+, yes? (I say that because the early models only had one bulb in their park lamps).

I'd imagine that any park lamp socket from a Chrysler would interchange here (it wouldn't make sense for them to use different parts from a cost standpoint). I'd suggest hitting Autozone and grabbing a replacement bulb base (usually in the HELP! aisle). Take the lens with you to test fit.

Sorry, I meant to add the year in there, it's a 98. I tried Kragen with no luck, it does look Chrysler specific, they didn't have anything that fit though. I did not try autozone though...

When I called the PYP phone number listed online I asked about the Santa Paula location, she said its closed to the public, maybe she just does not know though!

Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll try autozone. Skullver, if you go anytime soon let me know please.:cool:

will do! My buddy just pulled a motor/trans and a Ford 8.8 last week, a bit more pricey than the Wilmington area but it is definitely open to the public now, it was closed for a while.

Back