• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doorless front-wiring rear windows

stevieb

NAXJA Forum User
is there somebody that can help with a diagram to keep the rear windows operational when the front doors are off. i have kids and want to keep the rear doors on for there safety but would still like to have the rear windows working as it is becoming summer here and where i live it can reach :flame:38/40*C:flame: (100/104F) on a good afternoon. my xj is a 96 with the controls mouted on the drivers door. i have thougth of moving everything to the dash but it seems as if it is going to need a good sparky to figure out.

What you can do is ohm out the driver's door switch (or look at an FSM schematic for the driver's door wiring) and figure out what connects to what in the "neutral" positions of all the toggle switches, then get a spare door harness at the junkyard and wire it together so it appears as if the door is connected with no switches active, and plug this "dummy" harness in every time you take the doors off. That's assuming you are making the doors removable, not just dumping them altogether, if you're dumping them altogether just cut and splice the same wiring behind the kick panel.

around here there are no jk's. i thought of the same idea but no luck i finding a harness. i do intend making the doors removable. when it rains here it rain so doors will have to beable to go back on.
thx so far guys

In that case, definitely read ehall's removable doors thread. He explains pretty well how to add amphenol/canon "military style" connectors for quick removal of the doors, that way you can just order an extra plug for the driver side and use that to make your dummy harness. Word of warning though, those connectors aren't cheap, they'll run you 30 to 50 dollars per connector per half. They'll last forever though, and take a hell of a beating.

Back