• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody willing to help weld some axle brackets next weekend?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
I want to try and get my truck running by next weekend. only problem is i dont have a welder to weld on new LCA brackets.

i have not gotten the brackets yet. i was wondering who would be the best to go through to get these. but if i could somehow get the axle to someone or if anyone is really close here that would be willing to help thatd be great.

i at least want to get it running in 2wd because i dont have the money/time right now to get a new ring and pinion and pay for install (if i can even find anyone remotely close to 29 palms to do it).

thanks
-Shomsky

I want to try and get my truck running by next weekend. only problem is i dont have a welder to weld on new LCA brackets.

i have not gotten the brackets yet. i was wondering who would be the best to go through to get these. but if i could somehow get the axle to someone or if anyone is really close here that would be willing to help thatd be great.

i at least want to get it running in 2wd because i dont have the money/time right now to get a new ring and pinion and pay for install (if i can even find anyone remotely close to 29 palms to do it).

thanks
-Shomsky

I can do both, the brackets and the gears. PM me and we can figure this out.

Justin

you tried the hobby shop on base yet? theyre fairly cheap for the welding!

thanks
-Shomsky

i havent looked into the hobby shop on base yet.

someone did mention it before and said to ask for a certain guy cause supposedly the other guy sucks at welding

i think the main reason i havent checked it out though is because i really dont like the fact that someone else is welding something for me... especially somthing like an axle bracket. im not by any means saying that everyone but me sucks at welding. its just a pesonal thing i guess...

this shady muffler shop guy in yucca welded the downpipes on my Audi and it drove me nuts watchin this guy not able to use a MIG on round tubing... at a muffler shop

anyways, if xjjeeper is willing to help me out on this im most likely go with that.

thanks
-Shomsky

When you get your chit, let me know.. if i still have a welder here you can fix your heep at my place..We just welded my crap up...Like i said it isn't my welder but if i still have you are more than welcome to come here..You know where i live..

When you get your chit, let me know.. if i still have a welder here you can fix your heep at my place..We just welded my crap up...Like i said it isn't my welder but if i still have you are more than welcome to come here..You know where i live..

x2 :D

Back