• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynomax Buller Muffler Arrived!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Got my Dynomax Bullet this morning. So far, I have heard nothing but great things. I have been looking for a muffler that is compact and could have routed higher up to avoid damage but didn't want a glasspack. Will post up video when I get it welded up hopefully tomorrow.
0917091150-01.jpg

0917091150-00.jpg

is that for on or offroad?
is it legal offroad, taking into consideration the lack of spark arrester?

should tuck up quite nicely tho, hardly any bigger then a piece of flex pipe.

Re: Dynomax Bullet Muffler Arrived!

Because it's shaped like a glasspack doesn't mean it is a glasspack.Ok.....let me rephrase that. Your average joe glasspack......cherry bomb, thrush, hooker, summit....whatever all sound alike......This compact muffler sounds WAY different than your typical glasspack. Also if you look inside a typical glasspack and look inside the dynomax bullet...they do not look alike. and actually it is not TECHNICALLY a glasspack....meaning it uses fiberglass to deaden sound a bit...this uses a perf-tube.

How does a straight through muffler KILL torque and horsepower?????? What about that chambered flowmaster everyone likes to run....all its doing is deflecting the sound in different walls and actually restricting flow......So how could increasing your flow decrease power and torque? I could see if I was running open headers and not having enough back pressure but what you said is retarded.

ive had a few occations with my 93 on the trail where ive pulled off the exaust behind the cat, the jeep just feels like its lost alot of power, also with my 98 ive got a dynomax ultrafloww ss muffler, its a straight through perf-tube once i installed it and a dynomax tail pipe it lost all low end touque,

and the bullet is still a glass pack, its a perf-tube wrapped in fiberglass

yah, Rob is right. The 4.0 likes backpressure or "restricting flow"...

and it's a glasspack...it can be a glasspack wrapped in gold but it'll still be a glasspack.

My first set-up was stock exhaust with a cherry bomb and no tail pipe. My setup now is 2.5 form the manifold back with a FM supper 44 and same cat. The only difference that might screw everything up is i installed a ZJ fan clutch, with that on there a decress in HP that i can feel. i just need to make a trip to the Dyno place.

Because it's shaped like a glasspack doesn't mean it is a glasspack.Ok.....let me rephrase that. Your average joe glasspack......cherry bomb, thrush, hooker, summit....whatever all sound alike......This compact muffler sounds WAY different than your typical glasspack. Also if you look inside a typical glasspack and look inside the dynomax bullet...they do not look alike. and actually it is not TECHNICALLY a glasspack....meaning it uses fiberglass to deaden sound a bit...this uses a perf-tube.

It's a perforated steel tube, wrapped in fiberglass, and welded up, but it's not a glasspack?

I'm confused.

might as well run a straight pipe, any straight through exhaust will suck on a 4.0, it kills your touque and power

Not to high-jack but got a question on straight through exhausts. What about Magnaflow's design then? That is a straight through and a lot of people love those. I have been looking at them, should I go another route?

It's a perforated steel tube, wrapped in fiberglass, and welded up, but it's not a glasspack?

I'm confused.

No, If you read around a search for something like everyone on here wants everyone else to do. Noone is really calling it a glasspack. It doesn't sound like a glasspack. Dynomax doesn't even call it a glasspack, but you know what? all this ish is besides the point of my thread. I Wanted to see if anyone else was running this muffler and just get some feedback on how people still liked it or whatever.
Also funny how someone said they felt gains while using a flowmaster muffler....I have ran nothing but flowmasters on my 2 XJ's for the past 5 years and have felt nothing....I will even go as far as to say that there have been studies done that flowmasters offer great sound but thats it.... Why do you think top car designers use magnaflow, borla, gibson, and banks,? because they all offer some performance enhancement.

Not to high-jack but got a question on straight through exhausts. What about Magnaflow's design then? That is a straight through and a lot of people love those. I have been looking at them, should I go another route?

ive always liked the dynomax super turbo

Back