• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knuckle warp?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am thinking about putting JK 44 axles on my beater, but after looking at this gusset write-up I'm wondering about the knuckles. Is this common problem or something that is related to the metal in the JK knuckles. It seems it would be better to replace the knuckles entirely, but if its a common problem maybe not. Never heard much about this so I seek educacation

The knuckles aren't the problem there, its the inner C's. There is a lot of leverage there, so they are sometimes prone to bending.

It is the same for the D30 inner C's, they aren't that strong when it comes to beating them like offroaders do. Many people gusset the D30 inner C's as well.

If you gusset them with a kit like that, they should be fine, and would not need to be changed.

Inner C gussets are your friend. I like the cheapass way with just some extra pieces of 1/4"

b5l9ue.jpg

2ym661s.jpg

Back