• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some advice wiring up some gauges...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
I'm In the process of wiring up some gauges in my 99, and looking for the dimmer wire for the cluster. I've used the Dimmer wire in the past for my other cars and it's worked out just fine. Will the Dimmer work, or do you reccomend something else? Also what do you reccomend for a good quick 12V connection that turns on/off with the ignition?

Also does anyone know the color of the dimmer wire I should connect too in my 99? I don't yet have an FSM so I could use some help.

Thanks!
Bryson

you really don't need a dimmer. just slice into one of the wires that turns on the other interior lights. i've use the t-case bulb wiring and it's worked just fine

There's easy access to both dimmer and ignition switched power in the center of your dash. It's used for your radio, A/C controls, defrost switch, rear wiper switch, etc. Dark blue with a white tracer is the ignition switched 12V and solid orange is the dimmer signal.

Back