• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling new holes in shackles

Dannnn

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of rustys 2 inch shackles. I'm getting my leafs rearched to 3 inches and i dont want my jeep to look raked out with the 3 inch coils in the front. Can i drill new holes above the stock holes and run the shackles like that until i have enough money to lift it all the way?

your rearching stock leafs? just buy another set of xj leafs and cut the main as long as possibe and place it under main in your pack.and slap your shackles on, should be right at 3" or you can use old man emu add a leaf wich is rated at 1" lift and your shackle? these are much easier and cheaper way to go and it ads ssupport to your existing leaf pack. jeppinoutfitters carries the ome add a leafs

I'm either rearching the stock leaves or buying a set of 2 inch full packs. The stock leaves are sagging terribly right now so thats why i figured i'd have them rearched. Plus if i have them rearched they guarantee that they wont sag, they add in an extra leaf too.

0618091901a.jpg

0618091901.jpg

Rearching the springs you have is a waste of $.you could still make a bastard pack up.if you don't want to go that route.buy some 2" lift old man emu leafs,they have clamps installed on them and be done with it.$ 222 at jeepin outfitters minus bushings.

Well i dont wanna act ignorant and not listen to your replies... but i ended up finding a set of 2-3 inch bds leafs for 150. I'm gonna buy them monday or tuesday!

finally getting what i want.

Back