• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine problems

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know whats going on with my motor, I thought it was blown the other day, but It might not be, it went out pretty smoothly without any clunks or booms, but I did see the oil gauge drop, and the motor just died. I had done an oil change a few days before this happened and I checked it after it happened, and their was plenty of oil and it looked alright. My brother has a dodge and he said the gears on the oil pump are plastic and that might have stripped out, so any ideas on what might have happened, I am hoping it is something easy like the oil pump. the motor has around 117K on it so I figured it would last longer than that.

Yer Bro is wrong....oil pump gears are not plastic. try this basic test...remove the distributor cap and turn the engine over to check if the ignition rotor turns.

Back