• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Stabilizer

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Can some one check there stabilizer where it bots to the axel if you shake it do you hear metal to metal. It feels like ther is some play there I dont know if it should be like that. I am getting vibes around 49 to 52 mph when i give it gas and brakes. i had a similar prob in the past I put the stabilizer on and it went away. Thank you for any help

a stabalizer is a Band-Aid. a well maintaind steering system does not need a SS. But there should be no play at either end of the SS.

Sounds like you have a small case of death wobble. The stabilizer is not the fix just a band aid. Search through the threads and check the usual: Alignment, wheel balance, tracbar, tie rod ends, ball joints

beat you by less then two min....

You also may have drive line vibrations if you are having it only when you hit the gas and the brake. you change the weight of the jeep causing it to tilt forward or back and at that speed it may just be the most noticed. what kind of lift (if you have one) do you have and have you done a TC-drop or a SYE?

If the stabilizer has play in it, just tighten it up. I had some metal-to-metal banging noises last time I went wheeling and it turns out the bolt on the axle side of the SS completely fell out, so the SS was flailing around hitting stuff.

I'm getting some DW, probably because my RE lower rubber bushings are completely shot.

Back