• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

your opinion of this color scheme

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Just wondering what you all thought about having a black/USMC green 2-tone color scheme. The rockers would likely be herculined and painted black, just the main door/quarter/fender area as shown in the horrendously quick rendering of what this could look like. I did it in PS in 10 minutes, so as to get the idea.

n170100573_30455004_372823.jpg

haha I shot my jeep in USMC green about 3 years ago and it still looks pretty good. been thinking of suggesting this to a friend who is a marine.

I see you also changed the wheels/tires while you were at it, eh? ;)
There's a few XJs on here in OD green and it looks good. Check the Paint & Bodywork forum in Mod Tech. The thread is Project Olive Drab. It came out real good.

(I know I'm going to catch **it for this, but I can't resist)

What color's s**t?

What sound does in make when it hit's the fan?

(I don't really hate Marines, but I spent 4 in the Army, and my dad did 20 in the Navy. Some habits won't die! :D±)

stole this from here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=942417(on page 11)
Credit to Overland XJ for the photo and a great paint job.
DSC_1491.jpg

This what you had in mind minus the tent with the black up to the body line, or did you have a brighter green in mind?

that is one sexy jeep. looks just like muduck18's minus the winch and house on the roof. i love it. and yes, that is the color i will be shooting it. I'm going to make a better picture in a couple days.

I'm more into the flat tan then the flat green, but the green looks pretty good. You do it, and you'll have to consider blacking out the rubicon wheels when you get them :D

I painted top half of jeep from body line right below the door handles khaki on top and flat black on bottom. Get compliments all the time on it. Really hides what a heep it is.

I think you should just do green then black...not black, green, and back to black. And I also agree on the silver wheels, paint them them. Too much going on if not.

I painted top half of jeep from body line right below the door handles khaki on top and flat black on bottom. Get compliments all the time on it. Really hides what a heep it is.

Sweet! I'm getting ready to do the same. I am ordering USMC desert sandust paint to go on the top half. The bottom is black bed liner.

Back