• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You have a thousand bucks to spend..

Bumper/winch comba

• Hanson bumper (or similar) and cheaper winch Ie:XRC8

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Cheaper bumper (like the logans metal fab) and Warn 9000i (or similar)

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • niether

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd get a better winch, Icelands winch bracket. Get the bumper later..

Or buy a 5.9 parts rig..

I already have a nice Warn, with a good bumper.. This was just for me to test the waters on what everyone's priority's are..

http://www.engousa.com/products/category/Electric+Winches/5150.0.1.1.84540.0.0.0.0

At the end of 4Wheeler's test, it was one of two winches still functioning. Warn and Superwinch weren't.

They probably would of won if they didn't get scored low on power cable and instruction manual. I don't know how instruction manual was listed as such a value 30 pts where stall is worth 10...

Or the power cable buy a better one if it's that big of an issue it's not going to cost you 1150 dollars in savings over the warn would. Power cable = 30 points when speed/efficiency is 20.

Who ever came up with that crap needs to prioritize the ratings better that's ridiculous.
Sponsored by Warn maybe?

Logans metal winch bumper: $350.00 shipped
XRC8 or Engo winch: $300ish
Logan's metal rear bumper: $350.00 shipped

= Pretty good way to spend $1000.00 in my book. :)

They probably would of won if they didn't get scored low on power cable and instruction manual. I don't know how instruction manual was listed as such a value 30 pts where stall is worth 10...

Or the power cable buy a better one if it's that big of an issue it's not going to cost you 1150 dollars in savings over the warn would. Power cable = 30 points when speed/efficiency is 20.

Who ever came up with that crap needs to prioritize the ratings better that's ridiculous.
Sponsored by Warn maybe?
That was my thoughts exactly. T-Max and Engo won the performance, but stuff like instruction manual, remote, packaging, etc were worth more than how the winch actually performed? Warn had to have paid them off for that one.

I really LOL at all the fanboi types raving about the same ol' crap-in-the-box winches.

Same junk, different sticker. "Torture tests" put on by the rags are biased and don't reflect real-world use.

Go Warn. Buy once, cry once...unless you just wanna have some electric motor and bundle of wire rope on the front of you Jeep for looks.

I never owned a warn and never needed to either. I ran two winches the past 10 years: milemarker 9k and smitty xrc8. Both have never failed me when i needed em. Yeah they required a fix or some upkeep here and there but always got me out. We used to go winchin, not wheeling lol, and got stuck in a swamp just so we could winch ourselves across to the other side. Week after week we put our winches to the test and the cheaper milemarker never failed. i sold that one with my TJ and got a XJ with a XRC8. The handle broke due to a faulty pin (used it quite a bit prior) but they replaced the whole winch and sent me a pin kit as backup too. I recently winched for 2 hours nonstop, pulling out big shrugs all evening. It didn't flinch once.

IMO, warns are nice but cost too much. I'd rather get a XRC winch and use the leftover $$ on a locker or two so i would not have to winch myself out as much. :)

$300 bumper,$300 winch,and $300 locker
This guys got it! :cheers:

Ya just need the winch to give ya that little tug so you can drive the rest of the obsticle.

Id say buy better parts for other things, and buy pizza and beer for the friends that hold the strap on your rig to keep ya from flopping lol

unless you just wanna have some electric motor and bundle of wire rope on the front of you Jeep for looks.
Decorative mile marker
l_0762e48e5cba42fa8f54d0c4936decd7.jpg

No no no, that would be the Superwinch that wouldn't spool back in...;) Warn was just plain broken.

I think I am liking Rewster idea best.

Idk. I would have bought a warn but didn't want to spend the money at the time. I did however build my own front bumper then bought a smittybuilt. So far it has done everything I wanted it to. Not saying its the best out there, just saying its working for me. As far as the bumper goes, there are a lot of options out there. Some beefy and good quality and then there is NATES...:firedevil

Back