• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You and your photos

ChiXJeff

Curmudgeon
NAXJA Member
Here's a pretty good example of why you really do want to read Terms of Service: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...m-facebook-will-sell-users-photos-without.htm

Technically speaking, you might retain copyright, but the Instagram ToS that will go into effect will grant Instagram with the right of sale without royalties. This policy also is claimed to cover pretty much everything that you might post to Instagram.

Personally, I haven't read the Instagram ToS. I did read several different sites early on in the digital photo era that specifically transferred copyright to the site. The reports on the new Instagram ToS make it sound almost as bad.

i'm sure it'll change. myself (and other i know) use instagram like they do with facebook to market their photo/video business. a couple years ago facebook wrote something like this and they changed it in a few hours.

As a matter of fact, *YES*, a lot of money changes hands for photographs.

Back