• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another... Build thread for an xj on 40s and one tons in norcal

so the brand new roof leaks in the dining room. ****. Ill be going up on top of the roof tomorrow with tar and henrys and trying to see if I can get lucky enough to find it. Damnit.

Other than that, all the housing projects should move along nicely. Thats kind of a big one though. We will be calling the house warranty company asap.

so the brand new roof leaks in the dining room. ****. Ill be going up on top of the roof tomorrow with tar and henrys and trying to see if I can get lucky enough to find it. Damnit.

Other than that, all the housing projects should move along nicely. Thats kind of a big one though. We will be calling the house warranty company asap.

Shit dude. How could the inspector miss that, he should have inspected the attic space. Or the realtor on the final walkthrough yesterday.

Sorry to hear that but glad you have a home warranty. It or insurance will pay for all the sheetrock and floor that is damaged which might help in the long run.

100 year storm caused a lot of problems that other wise would go unnoticed. Your timing of this discovery is very lucky.

Check the roof jacks too. A lot of time they will leak around the rubber part.

Its is not that bad man. You are not living in the house yet so repair will be easy but do go in the attic and see if can tell where the water is coming in from the roof and if there are water pipes up there.

I used to do a ton of water damage investigations. Roof jacks were by far the number one culprit for roof leaks. Especially if the tar is real thick around the base of the jack. You can spot roof leaks with a flir camera on a warmer day after some rain. The evaporation of water makes a cold spot. You can find wet drywall as well. I'd let you borrow one but my old one took a dump on me and the new one won't ship until February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Its a flat roof house . I Was stressed out but relaxing a bit more. We have a roofer coming out today. Another storm is going to hit weds and we will be getting snow here on sat.

New F250 tow rig has been doing mostly great. had a rear drum smoke after a wheel cylinder went bad and sorta seize on the road near rocklin - got lucky enough to have Seal with me and Casey came to help with more tools, and we swapped the driver rear wheel cylinder, shoes, drum at the Arco parking lot in rocklin yesterday on the way to working on the new house . Been working on the new house like crazy since we got the keys last friday , and got some snow at the new place tonight which was very cool. Photobucket is being a liberal that voted for Hilary and refusing to work right now so sorry no pics.

Last edited:
I put 55 miles on tiny. No blown transmission seals. 115 miles total. Just another 385 to go to break in before reno!

Drove back and forth on highway 50 between downtown and Howe ave like 5-6 times last night, tons of street and freeway. going to try to get another 55 miles tonight.

This thread is crickets these days. This rig does amazing in the snow btw.
45894a56185e5dc1cdfca957e84374d7.jpg

ba5f6fe0805e0372b286f0338179b525.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I got really annoyed with photo bucket at one point and almost gave up on pictures.

Updates:

Motor is broken in, seems fairly gutless still in the mountains sometimes, and in other times it can hold speed ok , so I am not very impressed with all the time and money spent to not really seem to gain much over the old motor - makes me wonder if the old motor was stroked out .....

I probably should have kept the old motor in there and went down to 37s and called it good - and not cost really anything after selling the 40s...

To help with on road handling I might slap a WJ sway bar setup I have lying around and see if that takes away some body roll.

Yeah I got really annoyed with photo bucket at one point and almost gave up on pictures.

Updates:

Motor is broken in, seems fairly gutless still in the mountains sometimes, and in other times it can hold speed ok , so I am not very impressed with all the time and money spent to not really seem to gain much over the old motor - makes me wonder if the old motor was stroked out .....

I probably should have kept the old motor in there and went down to 37s and called it good - and not cost really anything after selling the 40s...

To help with on road handling I might slap a WJ sway bar setup I have lying around and see if that takes away some body roll.
When I had it, the motor was all stock.

When I had it, the motor was all stock.

Yeah , I assumed it was all stock.

I guess I just expected a lot more power with a 4.6 stroker, fully tuned, chevy valves, port and polish , etc. Its actually pretty darn disappointing so far just for the money spent versus the fact that its still a dog in the mountains...

I still think ill go down to 37s at some point in the distant future...

I guess I just expected a lot more power with a 4.6 stroker, fully tuned, chevy valves, port and polish , etc. Its actually pretty darn disappointing so far just for the money spent versus the fact that its still a dog in the mountains...

Its a lot of rotating mass with 40s. I would say 37s would be a wise choice. Im sorry to hear of your disappointment with the stroker jon. Thats a bummer.

I bet man! Seems like 37-40" tall tires are pretty heavy for a street driven Cherokee and couple that with 1 ton axles and a heavy 4.0L.

I bet man! Seems like 37-40" tall tires are pretty heavy for a street driven Cherokee and couple that with 1 ton axles and a heavy 4.0L.

yeah I think thats a big part of it .

Maybe find someone with 37's to slap on and run it to see how much of a difference. Are you running factory un-tuned ecu?

Very very tuned ecu by flyin ryan.

Back