• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 5.9 ZJ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh, mazdaspeed6.
AWD 6 speed turbo. Like a comfy and quiet evo or sti, and I can outdrive most s4 owners to boot ;)

Mazda made this car quietly to compete with the euro's in comfort/handling.(5k made) For some strange reason I have yet to have a reason to take it into the shop btw :)

Those MazdaSpeed's are cool cars, I remember the Mazda Speed Protege they released back in the day. It was super cheap compared to its competition and I thought it looked pretty cool too. I think they were AWD also if I remember correctly.

The Mazda Speed Miata was kind of gay, but it was a Miata (or MX-6 I guess :rolleyes: ) so what do you expect?

I remember them releasing the MazdaSpeed 6 and it looked cool as hell. I think Mazda should keep things like that going and not be so quiet about it.

I thought you had the older S4? with the I5?

I used to have both the 1993 UrS4 (pre-name change S6 with 2.2L 5cyl turbo) and the 2000 B5 chassis S4. Now I just have the B5 chassis S4, its a 2000 (only year in the US not to have gay arse traction control) with 188,000 miles and the only major repair its needed was a new 1st-2nd gear syncro at 165,000 miles. Its a common issue on them as 1st gear runs out so fast when you're romping on it you almost instantly have to shift into second after taking off from the line. I had the trans fully rebuilt with stronger syncros and then took it to Bandimere shortly thereafter. Got into the low 14's (first time ever at a drag strip and first time ever beating on that car) and was gotting faster every run, but I wound up splitting the front motor/snub mount and trashing the mechanical cooling fan. Oops, I guess those AWD 4500rpm launches can cause havoc on things. :D

In all honesty the B5S4 is a bit too small and sporty for my liking, I much preferreed my UrS4. That 5cyl turbo was amazingly fun with a really sweet arse exhaust note. It was also a bit roomier and stupidly comfortable seats. It was by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned for long trips. Also, it is so much cheaper to get stupid power out of the 2.2L engines. Back in the 80's Audi was pushing 600hp + out of them, these days its not uncommon for people toget 500hp reliably enough for daily driver status. If my wife would let my I would trade the B5S4 for another C4 chassis UrS4/S6 in a heartbeat.

Audi-schmaudi........ :D

I think we get the idea Dutch........ you desperately wish you had an Audi S8 so you could go re-create the chase scene from Ronin......... :D

Oh man, the first generation S8's are so sick looking. I would love one of those, especially in the pearl white. So tits, so tits. Then again, it doesn't have the 2.2L 5cyl turbo and is therefore not as cool as an UrS4/S6. What can I say, I like what I like.

So, has the 5.9 sold yet or is it still replacing the TBSS as your wife's daily?

Oh man, the first generation S8's are so sick looking. I would love one of those, especially in the pearl white. So tits, so tits. Then again, it doesn't have the 2.2L 5cyl turbo and is therefore not as cool as an UrS4/S6. What can I say, I like what I like.

So, has the 5.9 sold yet or is it still replacing the TBSS as your wife's daily?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2179210222.html

I'm just sayin.

Still have it.

Was supposed to have someone come look at it tonight, I have an appointment at 10am Sat for another prospective buyer, and some guy that promises up, down and sideways he's coming to get it Saturday as well.

We'll see.

I think we have the TBSS back in good order now..... I'll update the "Arrrrgh" thread. :D

I have an appointment at 10am Sat for another prospective buyer, and some guy that promises up, down and sideways he's coming to get it Saturday as well.
sounds like a typical craigslister, find another 3 guys to definitely buy it and you might sell it.

(I'm a little bitter about selling stuff on CL after a set of rims I tried to sell resulted in 3 definites and 2 maybes, the maybes no-showed, a definite flaked 5 minutes before he was supposed to show up, a definite showed up and kicked tires 'cause he didn't like 4 alloy rims with free tires for $100, and another definite showed up only to realize that I was right when I said they wouldn't fit his vehicle even after he insisted they would)

Still have it.

Was supposed to have someone come look at it tonight, I have an appointment at 10am Sat for another prospective buyer, and some guy that promises up, down and sideways he's coming to get it Saturday as well.

We'll see.

I think we have the TBSS back in good order now..... I'll update the "Arrrrgh" thread. :D

I'm (well my buddy Bill) is hoping it doesn't sell. His Audi hits the market this week.

Well the 10am appointment never showed, never called. He said he's a friggin' firefighter too..... thought at least he won't be one of the usual craigslist schmucks......

Guess I'll get busy on other projects today. :thumbup:

Well the 10am appointment never showed, never called. He said he's a friggin' firefighter too..... thought at least he won't be one of the usual craigslist schmucks......

Guess I'll get busy on other projects today. :thumbup:

Trying to think of something really smart assed to say here but it sucks when people don't show!

The firefighter showed up...... 6 hrs later....... :rolleyes:

But he bought it. Put $500 on it, and the rest will come Wednesday when he has a day off and gets to the bank. :thumbup:

Now I gotta find an interesting replacement.....

Looking for something V8 and unique....... maybe a lowered S10 truck/2dr blazer, or an older malibu coupe/wagon with an engine swap.... :dunno:

Found this, but he wants too much for it:

P6231960.jpg

It's got a 383 stroker/700R4 swapped in, but looks like an emissions nightmare as it's carb'd and no cats.......

LOL, not picturing troyscout in a low, flamed wagon... but it is fairly cool in its own way, kinda like DJ's... BTW, flamed-low-wagon >> cheesy-low--mini-truck

congrats on your sale (assuming he comes through with the balance), your ZJ ownership has not exactly been trouble free...

Lowered S-10's are cool, my 98 S-10 had a 4" drop on it. I was planning to bag the rear and do a V8 swap but got into the whole VW thing instead.

Personally I like these a lot:
1996-chevrolet-impala-ss.jpg

Yeah, the Impalla SS is cool, but they have big electrical issues...... and well..... they're just friggin' big. Don't need another land yacht. Have you ever sat in/driven one of those??? I used to drive those at work. Perfect for Patrol. HUUUUUGE! :D

I'd really like to find a 2wd S10/Sonoma extra cab, step side with a 4.3 or V8 conversion and an auto. Those "Extreme" series trucks are pretty cool.

Xtreme_ChickTHUMB.jpg

blackrims.jpg

06.jpg

But I'm also considering rockfrog's MJ...... just dunno if I want ANOTHER 'manche around.... The nicer they are, the harder they are to get sold when you wanna sell 'em...

The nicer they are, the harder they are to get sold when you wanna sell 'em...
found the problem here... long as you never want to sell it, you're all set :spin1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back