• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella Terra 1.7 Roller Lifters

:clap: :party:

All I can say is WOW! You want a bolt on that will wake up your 4.0L? This is it. Took me all of two hours to replace and the difference is night and day.

Wish I'd taken pix.
a693481e-64df-34f1.jpg

Oh, well. Install is a snap. Now comes the long term test to see if they cause any valve spring or (worse) cam failure. I don't expect any issues, but time will tell.

All I can say is WOW! You want a bolt on that will wake up your 4.0L? This is it. Took me all of two hours to replace and the difference is night and day.

Nice, Tell us more. Idle quality, gentle acceleration, cruise, WOT.
Compared to CAI, TB, exhaust- Which is most impressive?

Did you use just the black spacer or did you need the silver also?

Idle quality is about the same, but definately has a throatier exhaust burble at idle. I noticed the power increase right off the line; I've got a locker in the rear and it chirped the tired pulling out of the drive.

The increase in power is not even comparable to cai, injectors or any other mod I've done. Seems like all the other mods really only affect WOT, this you can feel right from idle and hear it in the idle. It makes more power across the full RPM spectrum. Probably the closest other mod I've done was the 62mm bored TB.

The power is smooth all through acceleration and certainly has more pull at wot.

They're much quieter than the old rockers too. I'm now aware that I have an exhaust leak. Good thing my new header came in last week.

Last edited:
Just used the black spacers. I had several that required more than 3/4 turn to get to 25 ft.lb., but none ever got to full 1 1/2 turns to get there, so I opted to omit the silver shims.

Ok, running around some more today and i can't get over the personality change in my jeep. On the freeway I now have acceleration and headroom for passing. This is great!

Smoother, quieter idle, more power, better economy(less friction), 2 hour installation, no new taller valve cover or valve cover spacer and thermostat spacer, can be used with stock springs, cheaper and easier than a cam swap. Sounds like a Win, Win, Win on so many different levels.

No problem, like a timex.

SO, are these for HO only, or bolt on for renix as well. I know someone posted about renix +HO head. But curious.

Back