• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella Terra 1.7 Roller Lifters

Any updates? Durability, longer term impressions, etc?
I took the Jeep up into snow country this weekend and was bummed out at the lack of power. Even with high flow down pipe, cat, flowmaster 40 (in 2.25 though), CAI and injectors... and 235 tires... it's slow
So I'm thinking 1.7 rockers or a slight bump in CR or both.

I've had no issues or problems with them. Would like to get another set.
These and a bored 62mm TB and you will be happy.

Any updates? Durability, longer term impressions, etc?
I took the Jeep up into snow country this weekend and was bummed out at the lack of power. Even with high flow down pipe, cat, flowmaster 40 (in 2.25 though), CAI and injectors... and 235 tires... it's slow
So I'm thinking 1.7 rockers or a slight bump in CR or both.

I've done 36k miles on my YT6627s (1.6 ratio) without issue so far.
I don't think a set of 1.7 ratio rockers will do much for you especially considering the cost. A bored 62mm TB will help a little and sharpen throttle response. You might also want to consider regearing the axles.

Hmm Dino or even Marty, would these be worth the coin omy stroker build?

232 cam, comp springs, ls1 valves, 7120 ported head, 75mm vortec throttle body..way to big but i love the sound and feel. I'm curious because I don't intend to rev much past 4500 ever..usually under 4k.

With the 232 cam, you already have decent lift. You can go with the 1.6 YT or Harland 1.6 (cheaper) and benefit from reduced friction, quieter operation, more consistent 1.6 ratio.

Hmm Dino or even Marty, would these be worth the coin omy stroker build?

232 cam, comp springs, ls1 valves, 7120 ported head, 75mm vortec throttle body..way to big but i love the sound and feel. I'm curious because I don't intend to rev much past 4500 ever..usually under 4k.

Comp springs are too stiff and LS1 valves are unnecessary. Just stick with stock valves and go for Mopar Performance 5249464 springs. A 75mm TB is way too big and it'll make the engine extremely throttle sensitive. A 62mm TB is a happy medium.
With the 232 cam a set of Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers will do fine.

I like the sharpness honestly. And I'm not sure the exact springs but Russ likes em and has used them with success. The valves were a add on I agree.
Are those 1.6s bolt on and go? No valve cover spacer?

If you go with adjustable Harland sharp rockers you will need a valve cover spacer. Don't know about the non. Harland's support is exceptional and their rockers are rebuild-able.

Comp springs are too stiff and LS1 valves are unnecessary. Just stick with stock valves and go for Mopar Performance 5249464 springs. A 75mm TB is way too big and it'll make the engine extremely throttle sensitive. A 62mm TB is a happy medium.
With the 232 cam a set of Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers will do fine.

He's talking about the small valves, not the large ones, and a beehive chevy spring supplied by Comp with a lower seat pressure. Cheaper than buying the mopar stuff and better specs out the door.

2012-01-19_20-17-00_676.jpg

After 8-10k miles look great, no wear.
2013-08-04192258_zps2f139350.jpg

Back