• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yano, It's NOT an RTI Ramp

unless its an xj, well mine 6.5" of lift and stock backspacing and i drove it like a teenager... never got on 3 wheels

And my kid will drive circles around you and your XJ any day of the week.

I'm still not following your logic about how a top heavy vehicle with no frame that is designed to fold up on impact is somehow safer than a full frame, solidly built car that will out accelerate and out handle it. Wanna explain?

When the XJ gets hit the other vehicle will not be on top of it.

I wasn't argueing that an XJ was safer than the porsche at any point..... I simply said that if I ever have a teenage daughter I am going to put her in a tank of a car to drive.

I have been hit 3 times in my XJ... Score is XJ 3 and the others 0. I know mine has taken one hell of an impact and still is going strong.

But yes porsche vs XJ... XJ would win.

And I know the porsche CAN out perform the XJ but that also depends on the driver.

And my kid will drive circles around you and your XJ any day of the week.

I'm still not following your logic about how a top heavy vehicle with no frame that is designed to fold up on impact is somehow safer than a full frame, solidly built car that will out accelerate and out handle it. Wanna explain?

i dont know i was stating that i drove my jeep like some little ricer car and surprisingly i didnt die

Again, I'd put my kid against ToI....and if ya got the coin to test your P-Car vs. XJ...I'm up for it. When your XJ is on its side, crushed from rolling over after hitting me...you pay for the repairs. LOL!
wow thats a bad idea. lets see i've accidentally ran over 2 cars so far, a ford torus and a chevy avon. i think the least amount oh damage that has accured was i think $1350 on the little avon for a new front clip. and i dont even have a scratch on the plastic buperettes. now how many times has your P-car been hit? i think 3 or 4 now.. so just from that my XJ looks like its alot safer than the P-car. now i dont really know your kid, but im sure shes not as ballsy as i am in the driver seat. again i drive my jeep like some little rally car ask Flores i was drifting in wichita falls in my XJ.

LOL...only hit twice..both times while parked. If you think about the design of my car vs. that of the sedans you hit (serious? 2 cars? I've hit none in my life...hhmmmm)...mine is a wedge and you'll go over it. With your high CoG, you'll end up rolling off of it. Physics are a wonderful thing. :)

Yep, you don't know her, so you might want to rethink whether or not she's as "balllsy" as you are. It looks like the 928 is going to be set up as a track car in the near future.

Ok who wants to dig up the pictures on here of the XJ on top of the Vett. And I think there is one more of an XJ on top of another car.

Yes Ian, physics ARE a wonderful thing, but you have to think about the angles too. I am sure that if a lifted XJ hit a wegde shaped car at the right angle its will not roll off it... It might just be parked on top of it.

I knew of a UTI (Un Trained Idiot) student that had a Ranger lifted with I think it was 44" super swampers that ran smooth over a lowered civic from behind. Two drunk Mexican guys with no insurance stopped all of a sudden trying to pull into a bar and the UTI guy had no chance to stop at all. He went right over them and he got into no trouble for it. S.O. just told him to leave and that he would deal with the drunks.

I had a small low profile P like car drive into the rear end of my 85 XJ while it was parked out front, near the street about 2 years ago. It was about 4 am Sunday morning, when I heard a hell of a racket, sounded like drag races out front. By the time I got outside they were gone, but there was hood paint under my diffy axle cover, a bump in the rear bumper, more paint from the offenders car on the gas tank skid plate, and the remains of a small race car style passenger side mirror on the front lawn. Oh, and there was 2 foot pile of rocks in front of my jeep before the hit and run. The jeep was parked on top of the 2 foot pile of rocks afterwards, and it was still right side up, with no driver. :clap:

Oh, and there were major skid marks all over the grass from the P-sized car trying to extricate itself out from under the XJ it had managed to park itself under.

I'll take the jeep any day, thanks, unless it's time to race on a speedway.

Oh, and there are pictures posted in an old thread here of that hit and run.

I saw a kid (first day with a permit) pull in front of a chevy luv runnin 35s the luv went right over the hood, leaving alot of undercarriage and axles on the impact side. The kid was freaked out, both rides were pretty well totalled. Luckily everyone was ok. Boy his folks were pissed (how did you miss a truck that tall!) If I have my choice I'll be no where near a wreck. We did make it to the Auto Rama and got to see the zz top car, I miss the 80s.

WOW. 36 seconds... Must be a new record for you.

OH, were you still talking about acting like an adult?

Back