• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xxx-xj build

I wouldn't put the exhaust that close to the trans thats alot more heat and not good for the life of the trans. But I will give credit where credit is do! nice work and good luck, look forward the rest of the build.

Where in the world are you getting the red paint?

:jester:

Looks good!

No, not at all. I just happened to notice all of the Fire trucks.:D

Well got my beadlocks back from the powder coaters.
Photo-0249.jpg

Here is the install crew. Safety first!
Photo-0253.jpg

Here is the second one. I relocated the valve stem from the outer lip to just inside the center hub. Only problem is the pin hole in my weld. Hope I can tig on the inside and not mess up the powdercoat. Bolts cost me more that the used rims! Ruff Stuff beadlocks are nice they fit and welded in great and all 32 holes lined up with no messing around!

Frame stiffeners are plasma cut from 10ga. steel. Started with 1 inch graph paper then transfered to masonite. Like I said masonite is easy to cut and acts like the steel. Minimal triming on the steel parts.
Photo-0282.jpg

Now for some time with the drill press to make swiss cheese and more welding.
Photo-0285.jpg

Here is test fitting. Love it when shit works out good.
Photo-0287.jpg

Now clean the frame and burn it home.

I just installed a set of H.D. Offroad front stiffeners and they don't have that many holes.
Can I ask why so many???
I like the red and don't think it's overkill!!!
Stukboy

FYI, I'm not a welder but the top and bottom are a bitch to weld.
Good luck.

Those are some hella strong looking axle brackets.

I might try some silicone to seal your pin hole beadlock, the weld may burn the powder coating.

Just bought a used Atlas so I am going through that just to make sure everything works. Spent to day putting the 9" together, only one problem that was easy to fix.
Photo-0294.jpg

That mark in the midle is where the ring gear just hits. :(
Photo-0295.jpg

Just a little time with the grinder and it is all good!
Photo-0297.jpg

And here is where I ended today. Tomorrow I want to put in my Chevy leaf springs and mount this thing! :)

Got the 9" set in. Need to swap in longer shackles. I'll be using the rear most hole in the Ruff Stuff spring perches the pics show the middle one. Here is my shop help next to the removed thirdyfive.
Photo-0300.jpg

Here is the side shot. Looks like a Nova from the 70's.
Photo-0302.jpg

And a rear shot. Not as wide as I expected which is good!
Photo-0303.jpg

It is in but just enough to move it out of the shop for the night. But it sure is nice to see progress! :)

Nice work... subscribed!

Time to fit my Atlas. Some of this extra work is due to the fact that I am cheap. I had to fix some broken shift dogs and changed some bearings I didn't like. Also mine had the Bronco mounting so I will be drilling new stud holes. Not a bad thing because I want to clock it as far up as possible. Also needed to drill new holes here so the studs didn't land to close to an other hole.
Photo-0316.jpg

Here is where it ended up.
Photo-0312.jpg
Photo-0314.jpg

As you can see just a hair higher than the x-member. It took only a little massaging with an air hammer to clear the floor. Now to fit the shifters!

Ok here are the shifters. Not to much cutting to get them to fit. I'll want to make them a little shorter though.
Photo-0317.jpg

Photo-0318.jpg

I hope I can keep most of the console. Also centered the rear end and plumed rear brakes.

Ok got the shackles in and the didn't quite do the job.
Photo-0327.jpg

Drivers side bottoms out. The mount needs to be right in the middle of the rear x-member. Has anyone cut that section out and made new mount? I don't want to just weld to the bottom of the stock shackle box. I think if it was back about 3 inches it would be perfect! IDEAS??????
Photo-0328.jpg

The passenger side.
Photo-0326.jpg

It did get lowered and the axle moved back nicely. You can see it from the pics earlier.

Back