• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XOMBIE 2.0

for a brief announcement?...beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeep....

BEFORE:

4850160918_a73de20d3b_b.jpg

Not just any ZJ rims...but '93-'95 to be specific. '96-'98 were much nicer!

Well......

Let's see it!!

i did not know this BUT, apparently, one of the connectors on a 2001 tranny wont plug into a 97 XJ, just fyi for everyone, lol, had to drive home in 2nd gear after spending 6 hours in the shop, swapping

So, you started a thread last week...
Said "Stand by"
Then posted one picture.
and made one comment about 2wd to 4wd conversion.

This is quite possibly the most frustrating thread I've ever read.

You were High, weren't you?

i did not know this BUT, apparently, one of the connectors on a 2001 tranny wont plug into a 97 XJ, just fyi for everyone, lol, had to drive home in 2nd gear after spending 6 hours in the shop, swapping
this is correct.

97 transmissions have their own connector, they won't plug into either 98 and later OR 96 and earlier. They are electrically equivalent to 96 and earlier though.

If you want to use a 98-up AW4 in a 97 or earlier you will be either swapping the adapter housing, OSS, and OSS rotor, or building a small signal converter board lawsoncl designed.

You got lucky though... if you had tried to put a 97-down AW4 into a 98-up XJ the only way to make it work (so far as I know, at this point) is to try again with a 98-up AW4. The 97-down doesn't have an input speed sensor and the 98-up TCU will flip out.

xombie will be shrink wrapped til after he gets back from this 3 year tour to the Europeans..

Mark

Back