• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XM Sirius merge

I mainly would only listen to Squizz (XM48) and Fungus 53. Squizz has now since become Octane. Same DJs in the afternoon, but in the morning, they now have 2 crappy DJs. Fungus 53 is gone, and has been replaced by Faction, which is the dumbest station I have ever listened to. Punk, with hard rock, and RAP. WHAT? Close to cancelling my subscription, but I'll give it some time.

I am upset about Squizz becoming Octane. I will miss the funny ID checks. At least they kept Bodhi and Grant Random. Squizz had a way better playlist compared to Octane.

I've had Sirius in both rigs for a few years and XM on DirecTV.
They took away my 2 favorite Sirius stations :mad:.Hard Attack got replaced by XM's Liquid Metal, which isn't too bad, and Buzzsaw got replaced by Boneyard which isn't nearly as good.(n)

I mainly would only listen to Squizz (XM48) and Fungus 53. Squizz has now since become Octane. Same DJs in the afternoon, but in the morning, they now have 2 crappy DJs. Fungus 53 is gone, and has been replaced by Faction, which is the dumbest station I have ever listened to. Punk, with hard rock, and RAP. WHAT? Close to cancelling my subscription, but I'll give it some time.
Exactly, fungus was a good station...faction, not so much.

I have sirius and Faction sucks.

Some good songs come up, then the next song is all gangsta, idk...

XM has the Metallica Channel though, I want that!

Sirius here and I love 19 Buzzsaw. Right now it's AC/DC radio...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE those guys, but Christ I wanna hear my lineup. I thought it was a fluke last week when I drove my Jeep, but I got in today and listened to AC/DC AGAIN. :( Sirius website says Buzzsaw will be back on Jan 15. Ugh... I guess it's MP3 mix for me until then.

Sirius here and I love 19 Buzzsaw. Right now it's AC/DC radio...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE those guys, but Christ I wanna hear my lineup. I thought it was a fluke last week when I drove my Jeep, but I got in today and listened to AC/DC AGAIN. :( Sirius website says Buzzsaw will be back on Jan 15. Ugh... I guess it's MP3 mix for me until then.

Buzzsaw is going to be all AC/DC until Jan. then it turns into XM's Boneyard.:(

Meh... not sure yet, Squizz lost some of it's apeal in the last year. Still seeing what Octane offers. Lucy was good, Lithium sucks. Just wish the whole "best of xm/best of sirius" thing didnt cost more.

XM HAD the Metallica channel.... it ended a month ago. I think it was a promo for thier new album. Sure WAS COOL TO HAVE THO!!!

I dont like the new lineup.I also miss Squizz and also ask WTF is up w/ faction?

Its seems to have become lamer. Liquid Metal still there, and my talk radio stations are the same.

Its just not the kind of "change i can believe in":soapbox:

Last edited:
I listen to faction in the afternoons. Ellis is hilarious (3-7). You XM guys should give it a shot.

I agree, Jason Ellis kicks ass. If you haven't listened to him, give it a shot.

Faction is a bit funky, but I listen to it more than any other station.

Octane was kinda gay, but it seems better now with the merge.

What I really miss is Backspin 43, the old school hip hop station on sirius. It was cool for a change of pace now and again and on road trips when you get tired of hearing the same old crap.

Did Radio Margaritaville get dropped?

I agree, Jason Ellis kicks ass. If you haven't listened to him, give it a shot.

Faction is a bit funky, but I listen to it more than any other station.

Octane was kinda gay, but it seems better now with the merge.

What I really miss is Backspin 43, the old school hip hop station on sirius. It was cool for a change of pace now and again and on road trips when you get tired of hearing the same old crap.
Was listening to ellis today, not bad, they even played some agnostic front on faction so it can't be all bad.

I have had Sirius since '02. The only thing about XM I wish I had was the Led Zep channel and the weather radar.
I love Lithium and Octane. You XM guys should check out Jay Thomas on 108 in the afternoon, he is great

Back