• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ stumble & stall

This just happened to me. The way home the 01 XJ started stalling and would start for a second and die, over and over. Finally barely got it home.

I to blew out the heater core last weekend and possibly got some coolant sprayage in the engine compartment.

Thing is it was running fine until it starting snowing hard so I wonder if it has something to do with compensation. I had a similar problem years ago but it was due to a loose battery cable.

I need to drive it 300 miles tomorrow through the snow storm in Wisconsin. Any ideas?

OP as respects your link, as a practical matter, the only applicable section is #3. Ecomike gave good advice about replacing one plug wire at a time but if you should get mixed up, the picture in that section will show the proper order.

This just happened to me. The way home the 01 XJ started stalling and would start for a second and die, over and over. Finally barely got it home.

I to blew out the heater core last weekend and possibly got some coolant sprayage in the engine compartment.

Thing is it was running fine until it starting snowing hard so I wonder if it has something to do with compensation. I had a similar problem years ago but it was due to a loose battery cable.

I need to drive it 300 miles tomorrow through the snow storm in Wisconsin. Any ideas?

Rent a car?

Back