• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ overhead console

GreedyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going this weekend to get one from a junkyard. I saw it today but didn't have the time to pull it.

Does it have one sensor or two? I saw the nipple looking one up front in the header panel.

Is that for the temp or for both temp and compass?

thanks

MK96XJ said:
If i remember correctly the temp sensor if behind the front bumper.

Yeah that's the nipple lookin' one between the front header panel and bumper.

Is there another one I need for the compass?

Compass is self contained, the sensor in the front is an ambient tempature sensor. ($40ish @ the local parts store, $16 w/o employee discount at the stealership). Do you have a wiring harness? If not, I just installed a console in an 2000 and I had to make my own. ($450ish, dealer). I can send you over the connector diagrams and other documents I used to install mine.

natep1 said:
Compass is self contained, the sensor in the front is an ambient tempature sensor. ($40ish @ the local parts store, $16 w/o employee discount at the stealership). Do you have a wiring harness? If not, I just installed a console in an 2000 and I had to make my own. ($450ish, dealer). I can send you over the connector diagrams and other documents I used to install mine.

hi can u send me the documents as well? email me at db_ghost@(nospam)yahoo.com thanks!

:viking:

natep1 said:

Thanks Natep1 send it to [email protected]

I already have pulled the overhead console I'm going back to the yard Saturday to get the wiring and sensor.

I set up all the pages in my Yahoo breifcase. Here is the link http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jeepboy5337

No problems at all besides an inaccurate temp reading due to my aftermarket bumper.

While we're on the console topic - I'm looking for the electronics out of one since mine died! (If anyone happens to find a spare board).

Nate - it looks like the pages are gone; I'd like to see these as well. Thanks.

Back