• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Made in Venezuela

Anyone know how much Currie was selling these South Am. axles for?

xjrenegadead.jpg

Alright! WWR are you going to tell me that you could spot the d44 from that picture? What kind of monitor do you got?

Weren't all XJ Renegade models built in Venezuela?
From what I understand, all Venezuelan XJ's have D44's.
Therefor, umm... nevermind, I'll let you connect the dots. :D

Solo hay uno.

Hi, I live in Venezuela and i have a renegade XJ made here. It's right we have DANA 44 here for all XJ models, but i think i have hear thar both DANAS are made here, i will find out that. Shipping a DANA 44 from here to USA must be very expensive because of the wheigth, how much is it in USA? may be here is chipper already incluiding the shipment.

Regards from the only XJ group in Venezuela "Grupo XJ, Cherokee Extreme Adventure" -- www.grupoxj.com

nlvillarroel4.JPG

rtaboada said:
I write at this moment from La Paz, I have a XJ made in Venezuela, but the great majority of XJ is of the United States, also the Police has XJ but of Korean Industry, They are very bad cars !

I did not knew that XJ's were manufactured in Korea, local highway patrols bought a lot of XJs from the states here and they where, and still are many of them, very good with the heavy workload that is impossed on them.

We have in Peru a lot of XJ running around, most of them from the States but a few BOUGHT in Miami where made in China, I have a friend who bought one in a Hialeah dealer brand new at a very cheap price and when it arrived here he brought it to the local dealer for a checkup and found there that the XJ was manufactured in China, according to the dealer several units have been sold to unsuspecting customers not disclosing that they are made in China.

The dealer says that the biggest problem with chinese units is that electrics are lousy and that all computers are not compatible with the USA units.

I've never seen a Venezuelan XJ around here, maybe there are some but up to now no special reason for bringing them from there as shipping costs are cheaper from the States and import taxes are the same.

nlvillarroel said:
Hi, I live in Venezuela and i have a renegade XJ made here. It's right we have DANA 44 here for all XJ models, but i think i have hear thar both DANAS are made here, i will find out that. Shipping a DANA 44 from here to USA must be very expensive because of the wheigth, how much is it in USA? may be here is chipper already incluiding the shipment.

Regards from the only XJ group in Venezuela "Grupo XJ, Cherokee Extreme Adventure" -- www.grupoxj.com

nlvillarroel4.JPG

Cooool!! I will have to study up on my Spanish. I love the Wagoneer in the lower left corner. I love those stacked headlights. Very cool. Jeep on amigo (the limit of my Spanish :) ).

i was in venezuela a couple of months ago & was surprised to see that the XJ was the most popular SUV there! i didn't get a chance to look up close, but there were quite a few nicely upgraded XJ's...& the good things was, none of them had rust!!! i went to Caracas (capital) & that's where i saw most of them...that's what i'd drive there too if i lived there because the driving is unreal...compared to here!

ndangrd said:
i was in venezuela a couple of months ago & was surprised to see that the XJ was the most popular SUV there! i didn't get a chance to look up close, but there were quite a few nicely upgraded XJ's...& the good things was, none of them had rust!!! i went to Caracas (capital) & that's where i saw most of them...that's what i'd drive there too if i lived there because the driving is unreal...compared to here!
And a lot of them have OUTSIDE roll bars, like if they are prepared to roll over but don't want to scratch the paint, je je

They told me it was because of the shrub and tree branches so that they do not hit the SUVs so hard.

Got to see that in the bushes

And the driving, if you miss one exit better get a GPS or you'll end at the other side of Caracas

Cheers

SACEM

well my friend, here in Venezuela the routes are a little different from USA's. Here we have a lote of routes (here we call it TROCHAS) but most of them are expedition style. off roading here means to get into the jungle or to difficult roads... to get to a point. that's why rollbars are so popular here...

Rock Crawling is not popular here, we don't have a lot of places with that caracteristics...

here you have some pics

http://www.grupoxj.com/nelsonvillarroel/INDEX.ASP

http://www.grupoxj.com/CARLOSJASPE/INDEX.ASP

nlvillarroel said:
jejejeje don't worry about your spanish my friend, i can teach you a little.

here is a picture af that wagoneer...

672165_64.jpg

672165_89_full.jpg

translate this..

www.grupoxj.com mas que un grupo de 4x4, es un grupo de amigos... y ahora www.NAXJA.org !!!!!

Lets see: goto http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/tr
"mas que un" = "more than a" so we get "more than a group of [who] 4x4, it is a group of friends.
"y ahora en" = "and now in" www.NAXJA.com

gracias mi amigo
y gracias por las fotografías

Back