• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ gauge pods

2000xjclassic

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know of any A-pillar gauge pods made for the xj other than the autometer single and double. I currently have one of the double gauge pods and need spots for more than two gauges. I am up for any suggestions, I just want something that looks put together and not hacked.

Let me see what everyone is doing for extra gauges.

I think Bryson has something mounted to the ceiling right above the rearview mirror. I mounted a small oil pressure gauge on the top of the steering column - not the best place, but it worked.

I think there was a turbo wrangler which mounted two gauges on top of the dash right above the two center air vents. Should I ever get the ball rolling on a turbo XJ of my own I would use the a-pillar and the center dash position.

They make either it fits really well you just have to color match though. I tried a single for the oil pressure gauge for my stroker, but i kept having kink issues, so I removed it..

I bought two of the Autometer two gauge pods hoping that they would both fit on the a pillar but only one fits and even at that it does not fit very well and will need painted to match the trim that is on the a pillar.

I have gauges currently to moniter EGT, A/F, Trans temp for my stroker but no good way to have them set up. I will also at some point in the near future need a boost gauge as well as an air pressure gauge. I am not seeing many good options for mounting more than 2 gauges and am just wondering what everyone else is doing. I am sure that there are JeepSpeed cherokees that have more than 2 or 3 gauges.

This is a pod I picked up at Autozone, it was for a Neon I believe.

n15924564_37793884_2415.jpg

Cut a rectangular hole in your a-pillar trim that will let the whole pod pass through from behind. Trim all of the extra plastic off of the pod that was meant to "hug" the a-pillar of it's stock application but leave enough surface area so you can use it to glue to the inside of the a-pillar trim. Then you'll just have a big ugly seam and gap between the trim and the pod that you can fill with epoxy or body putty, then you just paint and there ya go. I wish I had taken pictures when I was making this one.

I haven't put my gauges in yet, but I will use the AutoMeter two gauge pod. Since the temp gauge is electric, I will just run multiple sensors, and use a small microswitch mounted in the pod to switch sensors. Don't know if this would work for your application or not, but a thought.

David Bricker / SYR

It will cost, but got to an audio shop or someone else with stereo experience and have them build you a pod. Did this years ago with an AFCII in my Spec V.
turned out REALLY nice to replace a sun-glass holder in my upper center space. Or spend the time to screw around with fiberglass and bondo to learn how to do it yourself. Personally I would pay to have it look good.

Back