• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front 4 & 3 Link At Its Best

Is this usable on an auto only? I have a 5 speed xj project that needs this.....

"New" isn't so bad, it's "new and improved" I watch out for. :)

Owning a CA 2001 with a modified down pipe and exhaust I don't see much of a problem. A pic looking straight up with the XJ on a lift would be worth 1000 words.

I modified mine to accommodate a hp 9"; this seems like it would be a cake walk. Installing the cross member unit *could* require slight changes to my current exhaust setup but only because the CM wasn't part of the original plan.

I was laying under my 2000 with Cali emissions last night -- I'm thinking the exhaust down pipe should be ok -- it's all on the inner side of the driveshaft -- pictures once you get it mounted will certainly help

I don't mind exhaust mods after the down pipe -- certainly acceptable

I have a Miller 250 g engine driven, Miller 211 mig, and a Miller 280 DX tig machine -- I'm not afraid of the welding

Like I said before, I think the belly pan frame looks really well built

I'm in the daily driver, weekend off-roader crowd -- right now I have a bone stock XJ -- I'm seriously looking for a way to modify the front end, you definately have my attention

Do you have any thoughts on minimum lift needed? My 4" pac springs just came in...

The only concern I have was the bolts up top, and you seem to have answered it for now....have to see what the final product looks like tho.

I am VERY interested in the whole setup.....both ends........mine is a daily & mild off road type critter, currently on 4.5" of lift.

Is this usable on an auto only? I have a 5 speed xj project that needs this.....

Its no secret we're big fans of manuals. Yes both Auto and Manual compatible. AX-15 is what we have.

I was laying under my 2000 with Cali emissions last night -- I'm thinking the exhaust down pipe should be ok -- it's all on the inner side of the driveshaft -- pictures once you get it mounted will certainly help

I don't mind exhaust mods after the down pipe -- certainly acceptable

I have a Miller 250 g engine driven, Miller 211 mig, and a Miller 280 DX tig machine -- I'm not afraid of the welding

Like I said before, I think the belly pan frame looks really well built

I'm in the daily driver, weekend off-roader crowd -- right now I have a bone stock XJ -- I'm seriously looking for a way to modify the front end, you definately have my attention

Do you have any thoughts on minimum lift needed? My 4" pac springs just came in...

We designed the 4 link design around a 4.5" lift on 33's platform. That's pretty typical for most. There's no "one size fits all" approach to doing this sort of thing. Thats why we made it with the upmost adjustability to accommodate different lifts and applications.

Not sure exactly what the minimum lift would be but around 3-3.5" would be realistic. Upper arms might start crashing any lower than that. When we do our auto this week for the final design we will see. It has no lift..at the moment.

Yeah its gonna crash like hell, we'll lift it. Gotta figure out minimum lift somehow.

Glad it's not being done on my jeep......

Altho, you get this thing figured out and for sale, I could put it on my 88 and just go to town...4 link front & rear, v8 engine, 35's, etc......

And still keep the 96 for DD duties.......

This is on our Manual XJ.

Here's just the front 4 link crossmember with no links.

Here's the front and rear crossmember with no links.

Reminder that this is a weld/bolt on application.

More pics tomorrow with the links in place for the front hopefully.

The one thing that jumps out at me is how the socket head bolts don't seem to be recessed far enough into the plate -- the bolt heads look vulnerable to damage if they where to be dragged over rocks -- just a little deeper into the plate and they would be protected much better

The one thing that jumps out at me is how the socket head bolts don't seem to be recessed far enough into the plate -- the bolt heads look vulnerable to damage if they where to be dragged over rocks -- just a little deeper into the plate and they would be protected much better

Agreed.....it also looks like (may be camera) like the belly isn't flat, but has some curvature to it.

And that the side plates with the socket head bolt aren't flush with the center section or the parts of the rear set-up.

And that the side plates with the socket head bolt aren't flush with the center section or the parts of the rear set-up.

I'm thinking maybe they should be cutting some access holes in the center section for the bolts that attach the 2 side pieces -- the ones you have to do a reach around on -- then covering those holes with another plate that will make all 3 pieces flat

just some thoughts...

I'm thinking maybe they should be cutting some access holes in the center section for the bolts that attach the 2 side pieces -- the ones you have to do a reach around on -- then covering those holes with another plate that will make all 3 pieces flat

just some thoughts...

That would work very well actually.....but would add $$ and weight.

All we are missing to make is an exhaust reroute option. Driveshaft clears just fine with the new uppers. Our gear ratios are different front and rear on this guy thats why there's no shaft at the moment.

JCR is running our 4 link front and rear for their MJ SEMA build.

Back