• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ D44 shafts

offroadman83 said:
I have a set of spare tj shafts for my rear 44 too and I don't see any difference that I can remember(been a while since I looked at them). Maybe you were measuring the long side of an xj shaft and comparing it to the short side. They are different lengths after all from side to side-----------Kyle
Nope, measured the correct sides

offroadman83 said:
I have a set of spare tj shafts for my rear 44 too and I don't see any difference that I can remember(been a while since I looked at them). Maybe you were measuring the long side of an xj shaft and comparing it to the short side. They are different lengths after all from side to side-----------Kyle

it is a noticeable difference in lenght from the right to left side. But my replacement were shorter, I stood them up side by side without the studs in them and the new alloys were in fact shorther.

Kejtar said:
Stock XJ shafts were being discontinued when I ordered my last replacement, so I wonder if now they're not shipping the TJ ones as XJ ones due to such small difference in length, but as of a year ago TJ shafts were shorter then XJ ones.

You can still get stock shafts through Crown, although I wouldn't pay the price for stocks.

and man you are bullheaded, I just supported everything with facts and you still disagree. :laugh:

oh and by the way I have 3 pair of stock xj shafts and 2 pair of stock TJ shafts and they are all the same length...:wierd:

jrsxj98 said:
and man you are bullheaded, I just supported everything with facts and you still disagree. :laugh:

oh and by the way I have 3 pair of stock xj shafts and 2 pair of stock TJ shafts and they are all the same length...:wierd:

OK... well... don't know what to tell you: a year ago they were different length (TJ ones were shorter by about 1/4" on each side). Maybe since then the axleshafts you have have grown 1/4"? :D
In any case, I measured the length difference myself and had it confirmed by couple people as well as by a manufacturer (can't remember what brand name shafts I got but the manufacturer confirmed the length difference).

Kejtar said:
OK... well... don't know what to tell you: a year ago they were different length (TJ ones were shorter by about 1/4" on each side). Maybe since then the axleshafts you have have grown 1/4"? :D
In any case, I measured the length difference myself and had it confirmed by couple people as well as by a manufacturer (can't remember what brand name shafts I got but the manufacturer confirmed the length difference).

man just like my wife always gotta have the last word.

back to the question. TJ shafts will work

Kejtar said:
Im not going to disagree with you because I dont have a set of TJ shafts to compare right now but is it possible that only the center part of the hub protrudes further on the alloy axle? I know theres a name for the part, maybe concentric something or nuther, If you put them on the ground and measured up, that may be the difference. Maybe the thickness of the hub itself can acount for the difference.
Again, Im not second guessing you, just trying to clear this up because Ive got an XJ D44 torn apart in my garage getting ready for gears and axles and Id like to know whats going on as well.

wow this crowd got lively today. i guesss in the end i should never have listened to a non-XJer. since i'm spooling it :gag: i think i'll look into the Alloy USA kit.

thanks guys!

and you too Remi!

Back