• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj build up, does this sound right?

I use the ten fives and the 4.5 kit. Works great...just make sure you add the other goodies mentioned before. Get the full leaf pack...when I ordered mine I just got the AAL and block...and now I gotta get the leaf packs...would have saved money if I would have done it right the first time.
Rick

if you just spend the 200 bucks on the black steelies you can go with the 12.50 tires...it is definately worth the money. I am only running 6 inches of lift and I run 33-12.5's on 3.75" spacing...and the lift didnt cost me $6000.

mike

For those that have removed the rear track bar and use it as a daily driver, are there any concerns w/ spongeness?

CGG said:
For those that have removed the rear track bar and use it as a daily driver, are there any concerns w/ spongeness?
Uhh - there's no rear trackbar in an XJ. Do you mean the swaybar? I removed mine when I did the first lift, and the ride is slightly softer but you compensate. Realize that factory Up-Country models didn't have a rear swaybar either.

flamn79cj7 said:
if i use 10.5's instead can i just use the 4.5' kit instead? its a whole lot cheaper!!

33x10.5 on 6" of lift with stock rims is going to be tippy. I would be looking for 4.5" max backspace rims with 33x12.5 tires. The tires will stick out of the flares a bit, and you will need to trim. This is life with an XJ at 6" of lift. The trimming is totally cosmetic.

If you really must minimize the impact and keep the tires inside the flares (or close to it), I really like the 285/75/16 size on an XJ. It's a bit wider than the 33x10.5 and also a bit taller. Excellent XJ tire on 16x8 rims with 4.5" of backspace. Very clean look and very functional.

Nay

Back