• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTT: My short one for your long one.

I'm sorry you are so bent out of shape over losing a $35 sale, I did not publicly flame you for not wanting to acknowledge our agreement of sale terms in writing, I expected more from you, and am disappointed in your public response.

Anytime I purchase ANYTHING on the internet, from anyone, I ask that the terms of our sale are clear. I take the time to clearly state what we both expect so that neither of us has any problems in that manner. It doesn't matter if it is a $5.00 part, I'm not going to send someone $5.00 and be content if they screw me, even with only $5.00. So your objection to my "Stupid-ass" agreement means that you don't want me to have any recourse should you not follow thru on your end. BTW, you should really look into USPS priority mail packages, they are $3.95 to anywhere in the US and the box is 8"x5"x2", unlimited weight, it might save you some money.

That being said I did purchase a brand new gear from the link I furnished and have included a redacted copy of my invoice (redaction for privacy's sake.) Again, best luck with your sale.

Regards,
Joe

ORDER CONFIRMATION Invoice No. X12385XXX
Bill To:
Joe XXXXXXXX
Ship To:
Joe XXXXXXXX
XXXX N XXX Ave.
Tampa FL 33614
US
Order Date: 1/13/11
Payment By: PayPal Express Checkout
Confirmation No: B88100XXXX
Shipment Tracking:
Oconee Off-Road Jeep Parts Items
1 Jeep Speedometer Gears 39 Tooth Short Shaft For 93-06 Jeep Vehicles @ $39.51 = $39.51
Sub-Total: $39.51
Shipping: $0.00 (Standard)
Sales Tax: $0.00
Oconee Off-Road Jeep Parts Total: $39.51
Store Credit: -$0.00
TOTAL DUE: $39.51

But since you opened the flood gate...

TurboGuru said:
I was just clarifing what we spoke about, not trying to harm your rep, just trying to cover my ass. I realize you were going to give me the VSS, but it is part of the reason I was going to buy the gear for $35.00, so in effect I would have been buying both for $35.00. I instead just purchased the needed gear from Oconee offroad for $39.81 shipped to my door. As such I will not be needing yours, thank you for your trouble. Please do not ship the item, I no longer wish to buy it.

Frank Z said:
Well there won't be a tracking number unless you want to spring for additional postage.

Dude...It's speedo gear and I'm giving you a VSS for free.

I understand wanting to protect yourself and your funds....but seriously!!!

I've been around here a long time and I'm not about to toss my Rep. out the window for $35.

I'm heading to the post office tomorrow and I'll toss it in a padded envelope for ya. It'll take a few days to get there.

Keep in mind that you're covered by Paypal's protection policy.

TurboGuru said:
Thanks, below is a brief description of the terms of our transaction and will serve as a template for sale expectations. Please review, if you would like to change any of the terms, let me know before the sale is commenced. If you agree to the below terms of the sale, reply to this PM with "Agreed" with terms in quoted text and I will immediately send the agreed upon payment.

Thanks,
Joe

Frank Z said:
Buyer will send a paypal payment to the above e-mail address for a total of $35.00 usd for the purchase and shipping of (1) 39 tooth short speedometer gear with VSS included, in usable condition, to be shipped to buyer's home address :### N Glen Ave. Tampa, FL 33###. Shipping to be promptly executed after paypal payment recieved, by seller, with tracking # for the shipping of items purchased to be given no later that 3 days after paypal payment is recieved. If no valid tracking # is furnished by the seller to the buyer by the end of the 3rd day ending at 12:01am, seller agrees the the transaction is void and will refund, via paypal, the full amount of $35.00 usd to the buyer promptly and without prejudice. Upon buyer's reciept of product described above, buyer will inspect items and conmfirm to the seller via electronic corespondence that the sale is satisfactory and complete.

If you're really this retentive....good bye, good luck, good ridance.

Still available...to anyone a little more realistic.

Um......... wow.

I bet he's the kinda guy that puts fineprint at the bottom of his christmas cards sent with the gifts to his family.

I didn't know "terms and conditions" was a lifestyle, but this guy embraces it.......
nuts.gif

Yellaheep, I'm guessing you've never been taken advantage of by someone selling something on the internet, I have, hence my precautions. Your sarcasm and distain for me is noted, but I still hope that you never get taken by someone for your hard earned cash. Nope, no fine print on Christmas cards, only non-disclosure agreements on birthday cards. :D

I don't understand, if it is what the seller and I discussed, what is the problem with confirming it?

I have no problem with you posting our conversation for all to see, I do not feel I did anything wrong and have nothing to hide (other than my address, which I wish you had redacted a little better, but no biggie.)

As the entire conversation has been "aired out" and we have had our say about the matter, I will attempt to refrain from any further comments and let everyone else who actually cares judge for themselves. God bless.

Regards,
Joe

Yellaheep, I'm guessing you've never been taken advantage of by someone selling something on the internet

:shhh:

You're missing the point here. Frank (and Yella for that matter) are well respected and trusted members of our chapter who have made countless transactions with other members and helped out people in need, including myself, more times than I can count. I can't think of a bad thing to say about either of em. If you had looked in the feedback section (or been around here for a while instead of using NAXJA as another craigslist), you'd know this.

And really, you wish he'd redacted your address better? Cmon. Nobody is going to show up at your house for any reason using information in this thread.

Last edited:
It's comical. I asked to be paid via Paypal and the primary reason is this:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/m...nt_ID=security/online_security_center&nav=1.5

I get paid, you are protected.

Son,
I've been around the block a few times and mostly on foot. I've done business with a number of folks here and bought and sold items without ever having to resort to the silliness you brought to the table. Being cautious is one thing, but the paranoia you bring to the table is comical. I guess taking a minute to read the Buyer/Seller FeedBack forum might have given you that warm fuzzy feeling your after...maybe not.

I would suggest that you avoid internet commerce entirely if you wish to avoid getting an ulcer.

if you feel better doing this on a regular basis, more power to ya. but don't get all butt-hurt when you become the fodder for internet humor....because you my friend the phunnay.

Back to the sale.

New Sale policy for this item!!
Anyone that feels uncomfortable paying for this item due to a maniacal distrust in this NAXJA member can relieve their fears by simply posting dual pictures of the Domino's pizza ad character known as "The Noid" (a pair of Noids) in a post in this thread and I'll ship the items before receiving payment.

muhuhahaha this thread brings the best kind of funny...im petitioning turboguru's SN be changed to turbotool....lol

hey mason.....redacted? thats a big werd fer ya :D j/k

sorry i really had nothing to add cept being a poop :)

Last edited:
LOL, my silly lawyer ass doesn't even get that nutty -- lighten up, Joe, it's a $35 part. BTW, Frank, if'n its a late model VSS (electronic), I'll take it. As conditions of my purchase, I will bring you your funds in rapidly de-valuing federal reserve notes which represent nothing but the "full faith and credit of the U.S.", FWIW. I will also deliver to you your safety glasses I accidentally absconded earlier this week, and we can do the exchange in a rapid simultaneous hand off. There is no way I'm showing you my noids. sicko.

naw, I'll pay ya in susan b's this time around...

Wow. Just wow.

Some of the people in this thread are the kind that make lawyers rich writing up legalese :laugh2:

How do you take yourself seriously? People on here generally trust each other, hell I just bought an aussie locker off a guy in the SEC and sent payment before he even packaged it for shipping. No one's gonna screw you over a $35 part. Your insistence that terms and conditions (how are you gonna enforce those?) should be in force on even a $5 part is ridiculous, at a certain point you are spending more money than it is worth to protect your "investment."

While we're giving VSSes away with speedo gears on them, I've got one off a '96 that someone can have for cost of shipping. Comes with a stock speedo gear from a '96 with an AW4, 225s, and 3.55s from the factory. You tell me whether it's short or long and no, I have no idea how many teeth it has!

Should fit in a $5 flatrate box iirc.

Seller to forward payment via Western Union within 5 minutes of thinking about purchasing the VSS and Speedo Gear, henceforth known as the "item". Buyer to accept all responsibility for this purchase and any and all purchases made by other humans and non humans, both residing within and without the continental United States, from this seller. Do not taunt happy fun ball. Shipping to be provided by the first homeless person seller encounters after purchase is recorded at the Massachusetts Registry of Deeds. Tracking number will not be provided however general description of shipper and estimated travel speed may be available at seller's option. All purchases considered final, item sold in "as-is" condition. Purchase and sale agreement may be updated by seller at any time with or without notice.

Last edited:
Seller to forward payment via Western Union within 5 minutes of thinking about purchasing the VSS and Speedo Gear, henceforth known as the "item". Seller to accept all responsibility for this purchase and any and all purchases made by other humans and non humans, both residing within and without the continental United States, from this seller. Do not taunt happy fun ball. Shipping to be provided by the first homeless person seller encounters after purchase is recorded at the Massachusetts Registry of Deeds. Tracking number will not be provided however general description of shipper and estimated travel speed may be available at seller's option. All purchases considered final, item sold in "as-is" condition.

Ken, I'm not your lawyer, but you may be putting yourself pretty far out on the hook for blanket liability for all purchases made by humans, ever, in using the word "seller" here! :anon::roflmao:

Ken, I'm not your lawyer, but you may be putting yourself pretty far out on the hook for blanket liability for all purchases made by humans, ever, in using the word "seller" here! :anon::roflmao:
errrr, ummm, uh

I may have confused seller and purchaser there.

Agreement updated, you saw nothing... :gag:

- Ken "this is why I'm not a lawyer" Stein

I care not, my man -- I'm splicing it into my ABS signal, which is where the WJ takes its speedo reading...

Will that work? Most abs sensors are variable reluctance while the xj vss is a 5V TTL logic pulse signal.

Back