• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTT/FS 2001 XJ, 33's, 6" lift

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to find a '99-01 XJ and do a 1 for 1 swap, stock for lifted if anyone is interested. I'm also interested in selling it outright if someone has a decent offer. I'm currently in Hawaii and will be back on the east coast come August but my family lives in VA and can show the Jeep. I've had this XJ in my possession in VA for about 2 years and have done nothing to it. My parents have been kind enough to drive it for me every weekend and keep up on washing it and regular oil changes, so it does run and is registered and drivable. I got this as a partial sale/trade for another XJ and I just haven't had time to do anything to it or drive it, so here is what I do know about it....

-2001 XJ, patriot blue
-4 door
-unsure on mileage, but somewhere between 80K and 130K
-Rusty's 6" lift
-33" tires that could use replacement
-no AC lines although the compressor is there, so you should only need hoses and service it up
-some sort of auto locking rear locker
-LP D30 front, D35 rear
-Rubicon front axle housing, minus knuckles, 4:10 gears that has been sitting on the ground for 2 years
-Front driveshaft is worn and needs to be reworked or replaced
-engine runs great

Other than that, I don't know anything about the Jeep, so if you can think of a question let me know and I'll do my best to find out. Again, I'm looking to trade it 1 for 1 for a stock XJ '99 and newer or sell it outright. PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. The Jeep is physically in Goochland, VA.

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010004.jpg

The rest of the pictures I have can be seen here: http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/53guy/Jeep/

Can I get some more information? Looks like what I'm looking for!

Its a 4.0 automatic, fully loaded, very clean for a 98, drivers seat does have a tear but other than that the interior is pretty nice, basically a bone stock 98 classic, it has 184k on it but it runs great, no smoke, knocks or clicks at all. clear NC title in hand and ready for a trade.

I just did a Tune up and oil change about 3 weeks ago, new plugs wires, rotor button and oil change, the AC works great and blows ice cold but sometimes the belt squeals on it, hit and miss when it does it but i assume it just needs a new belt. also i just put a class 3 reese hitch on this jeep with trailer wiring. i drive this jeep every day and it runs great and gives me no problems, it has the overhead console and says im getting 18.9 MPG most of the time.

I can email you pictures of anything on it, your welcome to come check it out and drive it too, I honestly don't think this jeep has ever even been thru a mud hole, much less wheeling, its rust free inside, out and underneath, garage kept i know for at least the last 6 years.

the only blem is from the PO, it was vandalised and spray painted with red spray paint at a college party, most all of the spray paint has been removed but the color of the spray paint is so close the the factory jeep color that i still find a spot here and there from time to time.

Im pretty much broke and doing odd jobs right now to survive, so me coming to you for a trade probably wont work out. just being up front with you. a trade would require you coming to me, i just dont have money right now to come to you.

anything else just let me know. Thanks

couple more pics

PictureJP0007.jpg

PictureJP0006.jpg

Last edited:
Still available. Let me know what you've got! I'm back in VA and can give you any detailed info you'd like.

Back