• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB rear driveshaft For swb auto MJ 4x4 d44

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey guys. Like the title sys I'm starting my hunt for a rear driveshaft out of a swb MJ that was auto, 4x4, and had a d44.

I just pulled a factory MJ 44 for my project last weekend but the donor was a Lwb 2wd.

Any leads are appreciated. I'm living up in Sacramento area but occasionally visit my parents in Bakersfield. Let me know.

Last edited:
I think comanche club says the stock one is 41.25" long.

Aw4, 231/242, d44, swb

man.....i wish this was like a month ago....i got rid of one from a SWB MJ..... even had on here that someone could have it....guess thats why you horde parts lol....good luck with the search.

Dang. Yeh I was not expecting to find a MJ44 in the junkyard on halfprice weekend.

I was originally planning to just swap in my disc swapped 8.25 out of my 99 when I put my locked 44 under that rig.

Do you need a standard style slip yoke shaft? I have a custom one that was built by powertrain industries in gardena that I never used. I think it measures about 36-37"ish, but you could have it lengthened. It even has new 1310 joints in it. Let me know if this may work for you and if you are interested.

Try comancheclub

Comanche club will be my next stop for sure.

Do you need a standard style slip yoke shaft? I have a custom one that was built by powertrain industries in gardena that I never used. I think it measures about 36-37"ish, but you could have it lengthened. It even has new 1310 joints in it. Let me know if this may work for you and if you are interested.

Yes, i just need a standard slip rear shaft. Wouldnt having the shaft lengthened pretty much be the same cost as having both ends and having them make a whole new shaft? Or do they actually just weld on an extension piece of metal?

Im just curious bc i have never tried to get pricing for shortening or lengthening a shaft before..... or know what goes into building either option

Comanche club will be my next stop for sure.

Yes, i just need a standard slip rear shaft. Wouldnt having the shaft lengthened pretty much be the same cost as having both ends and having them make a whole new shaft? Or do they actually just weld on an extension piece of metal?

Im just curious bc i have never tried to get pricing for shortening or lengthening a shaft before..... or know what goes into building either option

I've had it done but don't remember what it ran. IIRC it wasn't too bad.

I paid around 100$-120$ to have my MJ long bed rear DS lengthened. 60$ balancing, 50-60$ for the tube,

then I also did a YJ yoke at the time, and they charged me a ton for it like 65$ , so out the door I ended up paying like just under 200$ after tax and maybe a U joint or two.

I took them a stock rear XJ shaft I had gotten for free to have it lengthened.

Shortening it even cheaper, just cut and balance.
shortening should cost you around 60$.

Maybe that's what I'll do, just have my 2wd shaft shortened. Plan on keeping the 92 a street queen

Maybe that's what I'll do, just have my 2wd shaft shortened. Plan on keeping the 92 a street queen

shortening should be around 60$ then. Its not bad. West sacramento driveline . they are the best.

Back