• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Power Steering Reservoir in South Jersey

HQuakers

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm swapping out my steering box for a new one and snapped the nipple on the back of my reservoir. Anyone in South Jersey have one? Need it ASAP.

Thanks!

Such a PITA. I thought this would be a simple swap, but it's turned into a nightmare. I thought I loosened the return hose enough but sure enough *snap*. Here's my temp. fix:

422871_833856532909_24804456_38127255_389523259_n.jpg

It was a clean break, so I reamed out the hole and put in this 90 fitting. Then threaded it in with rigid permatex gasket maker and smothered it on the outside. Then put some JB Weld on top of that. I'm going to test it in the morning, but if it doesn't work I'm gonna get a new reservoir. No way in hell am I paying for and replacing the pump after what I've been through today with this damn thing.

Lol.

I just caved and bought the pump. The reservoir was half as much as the pump so i figured since I have to take the pump out to replace the reservoir any ways might as well put a fresh pump in there. It is a dumb design. I was changing out my steering box and i kinked both lines unscrewing them from the box. It was just a very frustrating day.

I might have one. I'll look and let you know.
Stukboy

Thank you for the offer, but I just ended up ordering the Dorman reservoir from Amazon. I also did new lines while I was in there...old ones were real corroded. Everything fit perfectly, steering is all back together and feels fantastic. Exactly how it should feel.

Back