• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB or WTT 2-inch lift compliant shocks

over2land said:
OK, update... and thanks for all the offers guys.

I ended up going to the JY, and found a Metric Tonne MJ. I snagged the leaf packs off that, and made a bastard leaf pack.

I used the main and overload from the XJ, and the #2 and #4 (counting the main as #1) from the MJ. Now the rear is just over 2 inches higher than it was.

I was going to use V8 Grand front springs, and actually found one in the boneyard... but I was concentrating on the rear first. I didn't pull the grand coils, and when I went back today the grand was gone. So, I got some Daystar 1 3/4 inch spacers to mostly level me back out.

Problem now is, my shocks aren't far from being overextended. ie: minimal droop. Anyone have some shocks laying around for approx 2 inches of lift?

Anyone want any of the leafs I've got left? I'm willing to trade for the shocks I need. I've even got the front upper shock pin mount to eye mount conversion parts so I can use eye to eye shocks up front too, if that's what you've got to trade.

BTW. The XJ main with the MJ #2, #3, #4, and overload put me 5.5-6 inches over where I was. Remember this is the Metric Tonne MJ.

And, if a Mod wouldn't mind changing the title from "WTB or WTT Add-a-leafs... or something similar " to "WTB or WTT 2-inch lift compliant shocks" I'd rather not start a whole new thread, only to explain the steps I took to get where I am.

Thanks!
:doh:

Back