• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB gas tank

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I dented my gas tank on the Rubicon last weekend and now it doesnt fill up and my gas level sensor doesn't read right.

Does anybody have one lying around?

Any idea if theres a difference in tanks between 89 and 96? Anybody?

you need my jcr tank skid.
lets work a trade with the box tube & cash on your end...

Tim, unfortunately I already bought a beefy gas skid off Jon. I just havent had the time to install it yet lol.

I've got one in that junker sitting in the shop. it's an 89 and it's been sitting for god knows how long
let me know if you want it

I think ill take it. When are you around this weekend?

Looks like Im headed out of town to lake alpine this weekend with the family. If you still have it in a week or two, I will still be interested!

dammit. thanks for the heads up mike. The little research I did showed it should be the same. ugh. Off to picknpull i guess.

gas tank in a renix is smaller than yours

Sorry, that is not true. They both are exactly the same size and exterior dimension.

You have repeated an old wives tale.

Sorry, that is not true. They both are exactly the same size and exterior dimension.

You have repeated an old wives tale.

Well, thats great news! Thanks for the heads up CRASH!

I have a spare Renix tank (no dents) if your other deal falls through.

damn, sorry kevin. I've read on here multiple times that renix was 15 and obdII's were larger. I thought my 96 would take more gas than my 87 when i had both but there could have been other factors involved in the gas shut off.

Thanks for the offer crash, ill let you know if I need it.

Mike, no problem. I guess I will find out this weekend for sure!

kevin how big is the dent? i have a couple in mine, they dont seem too big to me but i guess i could be wrong?? maybe i should replace mine too haha

Its pretty big lol. It probably took out over a gallon of fuel capacity. I think it shifted the baffles inside or something. It doesn't like to fill up with gas anymore and my gas gauge is off.

As long as you can still fill up, youre probably fine!

Its pretty big lol. It probably took out over a gallon of fuel capacity. I think it shifted the baffles inside or something. It doesn't like to fill up with gas anymore and my gas gauge is off.

As long as you can still fill up, youre probably fine!

haha alright i think im good then

Back