• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: dana 30 housing

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
I need a HP non disconnect dana 30 housing. local to San Diego prefered. I don't need anything but the housing and bearing caps, but i will take a complete axle if the price is right.
Let me know what you got!

Noah may have one from an 89. I'm asking presently.

David Bricker / SYR - ORD

Noah isn't home right now, thinks it's a disco axle. But the MJ it was under had a D35, no ABS, and a 231.

David Bricker / SYR

The disco housing certainly gets the nod for bushing retention. It has none of the hassle associated with the sheet metal welds breaking loose from the housing and having to be re-welded. And no problems with pressing bushings in/out as is being discussed here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145157

excuse my ignorance but do you not want a disco axle because they are too weak?

Some claim that the disco axle tubes are actually stronger because they are reinforced around the disconnect mechanism. Most people don't want them because there is one less thing to worry about not working properly in a non-disco axle. If you have a disco axle, don't think you have to replace it right away.

Some claim that the disco axle tubes are actually stronger because they are reinforced around the disconnect mechanism. Most people don't want them because there is one less thing to worry about not working properly in a non-disco axle. If you have a disco axle, don't think you have to replace it right away.
this is true, and ive ran them without issues, but i'm doing a truss and i really just don't want to deal with it

Back