• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB clean XJ for DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBarsky

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to buy a clean DDXJ in the Northwest Georgia, Northeast Alabama or Chattanooga area, but I will drive farther for a good Jeep.

-Small lift ok, nothing over 3" unless it's done right (as in has SYE)
-Auto tranny only

Not looking to spend more than $4-$5K, but it's not out of the question.

Thanks for looking.

Any interest in this? Its my DD and I was going to post it for sale since I want to get a truck. Thats the only reason I want to get rid of it. Anyone that knows me know how I keep my vehicles, and this one is no different. Its been in our family since it came off the Jeep showroom, and there is Zero wrong with it. Its a 1996

Let me know if you are interested, and I will post some specs. These pics are a couple months old. Here is a link to a few more pics.

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/topfuel443/Red Jeep/

DSC01417.jpg

IMG_20110513_094309.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

Here ya go, its basically a copy and pasted email I sent to a guy the other day who was interested in trading. Let me know if you have any questions.

Its a 1996 model, my father in law bought it brand new from Jeep back in 96. He drove it for a few years, then gave it to my wife while she was in college. She drove it for about 5 years while in school, then we got married and the jeep became mine (now here we are 7 years later...). Anyway, the Jeep itself has 219XXX miles on it, however the entire engine was replaced by Jeep after a dealership forgot to tighten a drain plug when it had aout 20,000 miles. So, the engine has aout 20K less than the jeep.

Its a Sport model, 4 door, and has power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, cold A/C, and original keyless entry. It came with the 4.0 liter of course, with an AW4 auto, 231 Tcase, Dana 30 front axle, and a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle (29 Spline) yada yada yada.

Here is a list of the stuff that has been done recently, and in the past. Its a very solid vehicle, and I would not hesitate to drive across the country tomorrow in it.

I have used Mobile 1 oils since I took over maintenance (around 100K miles)
Oil changes at every 5000 miles (I have a 2 post lift in my garage, and every tool you can think of... maintenance is priority here)
As most XJ's with this many miles, I have made the 'cycle' a couple times now with ancillary stuff. i.e., I am on my 3rd water pump/thermostat, 3rd starter, 3rd alternator etc etc etc.

Within the past year we have installed:

NEW rear leaf pack, heavy Duty, netting about 2.5" of lift.
NEW OEM front coils with 2" spacers, leveled out nicely.
NEW Ball joints on the front axle
NEW OEM Track bar
NEW OEM Draglink
NEW OEM Tie rods.
NEW Unit bearings.
NEW U-Joints in the front and rear drive shafts
NEW OEM Upper and Lower control arms with new bushings.

(All of the above was replaced/installed simply as a precaution / preventative maintenance item. Not because of a wreck or any thing else. The parts just had a LOT of miles on them, and I wanted the steering and suspension fresh and safe on it... so I spent $1100.00 at quadratec and two days of labor to get it there again)

NEW battery from Oreillys.
NEW Reman starter (3 month ago, previous one started dragging a little)
NEW Alternator (about 9 months ago)
NEW A/C compressor clutch.
NEW Driver side Window Lift Motor
NEW blower motor for the a/c heat system.
NEW Resistor for the blower motor.
NEW lift struts for the rear hatch.
NEW diff/Tcase fluids

(The above was done within the last year or so)

It also has (off the top of my head) an aftermarket 3 row radiator, tow hitch with flat pin and round pin connectors, (I tow a small popup camper sometimes), a run of the mill CD player with aux input jack for ipods etc.... probably some other stuff I am forgetting. There is also Herculiner on the lower half of the body.. just to change it up, and help with scratches and stuff. It also matches my wheeling rig.

Its a GREAT vehicle, I just need a truck. I hate that I have put so much time and money into it, but the plan was of course to keep it forever...

I have never offroaded this vehicle (I have a wheeling XJ also), and 4 wheel drive was never even likely used until I got the jeep after 100k miles.

The only things that I know need attention at some point are:

The headliner is starting to sag, although I think I have a fix for it. Just a matter of doing it.
It has the typical header crack that all of these things have. When its warmed up, you cant here it.
It also has the typical oil seepage around the oil filter adapter housing, as the O-rings need to e replaced. I just havent gotten around to it yet.

Asking $3200.00. Title in hand, of course.
[email protected]

What part of Atlanta are you located in?

Are those fog lamps or driving lamps?

What size tires?

Does it have a spare tire? Donut or fullsize? (this isn't a big thing, just curious)

And off topic, but how well did it do pulling the small popup? I ask because I'm considering getting one (or a teardrop).

I am located in Decatur, right inside the perimeter. 30033 is the Zip code.

Those are 550 Fog Lamps

The tires are 235 75 R15, I think thats one size larger than stock if I remember right.

Its has a full size, full wheeled spare. Its a Michelin, and in great shape. The spare is only 2 years old. It was a tire that replaced a blowout when I had a full set of Michelins on it. Naturally, I saved it for the spare when I replaced them all with the coopers. The spare wheel I dont think is painted, its still the natural aluminum color. Its in the cargo area, with the factory leather/vinyl cover over it.

It pulls my 2200 pound pop-up like a dream honestly. 75mph all day long with the cruise set. If it gets to that point, I could even hook up the trailer and let you take her for a spin to see for yourself. The brakes are typical Cherokee, so trailer brakes are nice to have.

I've got a couple to go look at in the morning, but honestly I'm liking yours more than either of them.
What's the best way to reach you during the day and would you be available for me to come take a look at it Saturday morning?

I am available this week as I am off work, but I and the family are going to North Georgia (maybe even closer towards you?) Friday- Sunday and are camping out for the New Years weekend. You could certainly come see it in the woods... or sometime before/after then.

There is a thread talking about where we are camping in the SEC section.

My cell (call, text or email) is the best way to reach me. 4oh4-661-7oh25

~ Stump

I'm off this week as well, so I may be able to get down there Thursday or early Friday.

Are you taking the '96 camping? Do you need it till after the weekend?

I honestly hadnt decided which Jeep I was taking. I was going to haul the camper down there on friday myself, and get stuff set-up. Then I was going to come back to ATL to pick up my wife and kid to go back to the Camper. I may just use my big jeep (they are both 96's) to haul it down there, and tell my wife to bring the herself and the kid to the campsite after she gets off work with the DD jeep. If we do a little wheeling this weekend, I want the big jeep there, otherwise I was going to use the DD to haul the camper there.

I am flexible.

Bottom line, no I dont need the red Jeep for the weekend.

Thursday would be the better day for me.

I think I can swing Thursday if it works out that way. I can let you know for sure tomorrow, probably by lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back