• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 99+ XJ

DJTimyD

NAXJA Forum User
So my XJ was stolen from my driveway, used to rob a pawn shop and then utterly destroyed in a fatal accident fleeing the scene. :mad: I had a 2000 sport, and I'm looking for a 99+ to replace it.

Yes I know about the issues with the 0331 head and yes I actually prefer the coil packs. I did all the work myself on my previous XJ so I'm not afraid of a project, but I'm also not looking for rolling heap either. I've been scouring CL and have some feelers out, but I thought I'd reach out here to see if someone had one for sale or had a line on one for sale they could forward my way.

Thanks in advance y'all!

PM sent

How did this NOT make the news?

Sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm sure you'll find a replacement. :thumbup:

How did this NOT make the news?

Sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm sure you'll find a replacement. :thumbup:

Thank you sir! I have no idea how it stayed out of the news. I'm in Loveland and the robbery was also here, but the fatal accident was on I-25 and CO66 (Longmont/Lyons exit). I've been talking with both the Weld County Sherriff and Loveland Police. Nothing like a 4:30 am wakeup by the police at your front door!

I'm thinking of switching to the dark side and getting a WJ. Prices are at a good point right now. My problem is that I know what I'm doing with my XJ, so getting a clean, unmolested one on the cheap may be impossible. Not opposed to already built - depending on the parts. My smushed XJ had an OME lift and JKS track bar & sway bar +discos.

I'm spoiled is what it is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm thinking of switching to the dark side and getting a WJ. Prices are at a good point right now.

Love XJ's but I really like my WJ more. Especially just driving on the road. As you said clean, unmolested XJs on the cheap are hard to find. You can find some decent WJ's. Debate becomes the 4.0 or 4.7. 4.0 probably the better engine but isn't meant to be in a WJ. 4.7 moves but has their issues and anything past 150k is on on borrowed time. ZJs are another option, theres a few out there that are a smoking deal.

Aside from endless electrical gremlins, a mopar standard, I loved my WJ. Rode like a caddy with a Clayton lift.

thanks everyone for the input! I ended up going with a 2004 WJ with 150k, 4.7L Quadra-Trac II. Got a good deal from a local who took good care of it.

I guess I'll have to get a beater XJ for trails now!

… the wife is gonna love that.

thanks everyone for the input! I ended up going with a 2004 WJ with 150k, 4.7L Quadra-Trac II. Got a good deal from a local who took good care of it.

I guess I'll have to get a beater XJ for trails now!

… the wife is gonna love that.
A beat XJ should be easy to find!

Do you want this ad deleted?

Back