• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 87 4x4 rearend and driveshaft

JS4309

NAXJA Forum User
I need a stock rearend and driveshaft for my 87 4x4

And although not a Jeep I am looking for 4 16.5" rims for my 97 Ram if anyone has any laying around :)

What drivetrain? I've got a 4.0/AW4 XJ driveshaft in the garage.
If you've got a disco front axle I have spare inners and outers for that too.
I have a 3.55 geared stock D35 as well. It's been sitting in a barn for a while, but came from a driveable XJ.
Located 44805, if you're interested in coming this far to get it PM me and we'll discuss prices.

The 87 has a D44 rearend (factory?) Someone broke the bolt off in the carrier so I can't get the pin out :( to replace the carrier and pinion.
I'll have to measure and get an idea of the length of the driveshaft and get back to both of you. Thanks for the quick replies!

If you've got a factory D44, it's worth some rather significant effort to keep it!

If you're going to be replacing the carrier anyway, just get in there with a drill and drill it out. You aren't interested in keeping the carrier anyway. Besides, open carriers (an assumption on my part) and cross pins aren't that expensive.

Are you talking about the center pin that holds that spider gears in place?

If you have a D44 rear it would be worth it to find someone with a stock D44 carrier and just replace that. I have one I will give you for shipping.

I'll keep you in mind! I may have a person here who can fix it, they are taking a look at it next week to see. Thanks for the offer!

John

If you've got a factory D44, it's worth some rather significant effort to keep it!

If you're going to be replacing the carrier anyway, just get in there with a drill and drill it out. You aren't interested in keeping the carrier anyway. Besides, open carriers (an assumption on my part) and cross pins aren't that expensive.

Thats what the guy here said tonight, his brother does the gear work and will look at it next week to see what all needs to be done. We have a temporary fix for the driveshaft....using the one out of my 92.

John

Keep the D44.
worst case scenario you have to replace the carrier. Good time to stick an ARB or torsen style LSD carrier in it.
d35/d44 driveshafts are technically different, but a D35 driveshaft would probalby work with even the slightest lift.

Ok, thanks for the info..... were apt to try anthing though. We did get the beast running over the weekend, may play a bit tonight and see if everything is going to hold together.

JS

Back