• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 4.0 engine

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 4.0 with a little over 300k on it in my '01 XJ took a dive the other night. Sounds like it could possibly be a lifter, or something further into the bottom end, but it's not driveable at this point. With so many miles, I'm not really feeling like dumping money into it.

Anyone have another engine with a reasonable amount of miles that would be ready to swap in without too much work? Know anyone that has one?

thats a lot of money for a junkyard motor with no history. you're most of the way to a stroker..

thats a lot of money for a junkyard motor with no history. you're most of the way to a stroker..
Exactly what I was thinking. I talked to Jeeps Unclassified as well. Sounds like a good option to rebuild through them, but I'd still like to hold out hope that someone around here has a reliable one to throw in there to get me by for a while.

Well, if you don't find one, go quality for the rebuild. Price is better than most places around and quality is way better.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email [email protected]

PM CJCOFFROAD when I was at his shop today he still had a late model 4.0 he was trying to get rid of

Well, if you don't find one, go quality for the rebuild. Price is better than most places around and quality is way better.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email [email protected]

^^^ This. You won't be disappointed.

David Bricker / SYR

Back