• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 3.55 C8.25 rear diff

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
Mine is screwed worse than before :laugh2:
anybody have a fairly complete 8.25 laying around? 27 spline, 29 spline, I don't care.
Need it ASAP, since my jeep is down getting it here might be tough but I'll figure something out

if it's a 27 spline are the axles tube a different size? I might need the U bolts too.

Last edited:
There's no external difference between the 27- and 29-spline versions. Axleshafts and spiders...that's pertty much all of it.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I've got 29-Spline shafts and spiders, I also have a spare 3.55 Ring gear w/ carrier. No spare pinion though.

DutchVDub said:
I've got 29-Spline shafts and spiders, I also have a spare 3.55 Ring gear w/ carrier. No spare pinion though.

since I suck at anything axle related I kinda just want a complete-ish junker I can swap on. I'm not going to lift this one so strength isn't a concern.

well if you can get me a Ford 8.8 out of an Explorer I'll trade you my 27Spline 8.25 w/ welded spiders and all my 29spline spare parts.

And don't knock the 8.25 on strength, they hold up really well to abuse.

I got my old one patched up, if the whine continues to get worse I might still swap it but I've had enough axle fun for one weekend, thanks guys!

I'll have a complete 29 spline in good working order pulled in the next 2-3 weeks. If you're interested I may be able to accelerate my plans so I can get it out for you sooner. Let me know.

EDIT: I didn't read the last post, sorry. If you end up heading down the road of swapping it out, shoot me a PM.

Back