• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would you buy the ram long hauler?

Maybe if you were compensating for something. Oh wait, Troy has one. Lol!
UM

:roflmao: :peace: I'd have to buy a new house if I bought one of those, since it wouldn't fit in my garage or driveway, and is too long to park in front without blocking either mine or my neighbor's driveway...:eyes:

The only thing I'd want from that truck's design is the air suspension. Otherwise...... much too long. Put a 5th wheel RV or horse trailer behind that truck and you'd be damn near the same length as a conventional semi....... :nono:

I'd get it, but in the end I could basically get the same thing for cheaper by doing what a friend of mine did. He took a 2006 Megacab that still has the 5.9 and a 6spd manual and had the frame stretched so he could install a standard dually long bed on it. Then he got a 100gallon auxiliary tank installed inside of a tool box in the bed. He drove from CO Springs to Thornton and then to Moab and back on 1 fuel up all the while towing his Willy's on a bumper pull 18ft car hauler.

I'm sure that concept has plenty of power Flores, it's probably running 4.56's in the axles.

I think the most likely thing to come from that concept is that dodge might start offering their 4500 chassis trucks with a bed on them like Ford has for years now. That's one thing Ford has definitely done right IMHO, offering a pickup version of the F450 trucks. GM and Dodge never have and it kind of limits them from the market of the ranchers and farmers that need that little bit bigger truck for their horse and equipment trailers.

Last edited:
I'm sure that concept has plenty of power Flores, it's probably running 4.56's in the axles.

Lol I'm sure that's great for fuel economy. Shoot I hate my 4.10s

Air suspension and the 19.5's would be nice. I can even begin to imagine what kinda price is going to be on that rig!

Lol I'm sure that's great for fuel economy. Shoot I hate my 4.10s

It has bigger diameter tires so that'll help. And actually with the 6spd automatic its porbably only running 4.10's. You need to realize too that with the kind of loads that thing is designed to haul that if it can even get into the double digits for economy then thats good.

the 2008 6.7 cummins (4.10's and an auto) we towed with, pulling a trailer/truggy and a pop up slide in camper, to moab the best mileage we were able to average was 9.5mpg. The worst was 8.3 mpg. I cant imagine a truck loaded down with 4.56's, taller tires and heavy 19.5's getting into the double digits.

I would buy one. It would work perfect for me. The new dodge 3500's are suppose to have 800ftlbs next year. If they only got better mileage.

Nope, got it for 2011........ mine has it....... :D

i dont see that as too long of a truck. its a megacab with a full size bed.....
like they said its not for guys with a jeep to be towed around that could be pulled on a bumper pull and gas half ton. its for guys that tow a shit load of weight and do so often. if you dont have a gooseneck, better yet, if you dont NEED a gooseneck then this truck would be a waste for you. the 19.5 and tires are gonna help on milage. bet its running 4.10's. the 19.5 tires are gonna be able to run 90-110 psi which is gonna be killer for towing. most guys pullin heavy loads run 75psi. now go to a larger rim, heavier ply AND higher psi and the truck isnt being drug down as much by the tires and wheels.

it would suck in town, but for drag car guys with full enclosed goosenecks, ranchers, and such, this truck would be a blessing...

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Only question is, what I would use it for. Drove an 02 excursion for a while when the gas was bad, so the low fuel economy doesn't bother me too much but still sux

Back